V-Alfred

[Feedback] My Experience Playing in MP Public Server(Official Server)

Question

After I played in MP Public Server about a week now, I have encounter several issues (Game Version: 0.6.3.43619). I'm really sorry if my words is harsh and spelled wrong, I'm still in rage mode ON when I post this thread. ;) Let me honestly explain/summary one by one.

First there is several issues with the current Protective Barrier (PB).

1. Anyone who don't have claim of Protective Barrier able to dig/pour soil in someone's PB. In this case my friend @YadNiMonde experience this issue. (Very Critical)

LFFRlDacpdy1orYOFNlOdUsUWG4iZH5lHZ3G3yu3

2. Anyone can build chest/furniture inside someone's Protective Barrier. In this case I tried myself, actually I was attempting to protect @YadNiMonde house because he forgot to lock the door and have 2nd floor able to climb by anyone who jumping from trees to 2nd floor. I put chests to block the doors and stairs lead to 2nd floor. (Moderately Critical)

LGLQ5o-Bu5JmB3BM1xSTMOo1cYlRwc80NYhi_3u7

(Note: I did like above picture before, griefer ruin YadNi's house.)

3. Anyone can lock anything (that can be lock) inside someone's PB. This issue potentially can be subject for griefers to piss off someone. (Very Critical)

4. PB should have setting if you wanna share your claim to someone, shutting down the barrier is bad idea for sharing claim. (Optional)

5. Any plants (ex. Orchid, berries, cotton, Trees not included) inside Protective Barrier is simply not safe. Anyone can still pick up those plants. So you can't make beautiful garden outside your house. (Critical)

6. Player that remove their character history in the server should make their Protective Barrier decay/gone. I honestly didn't try this (I avoid to be one of the griefer). But this point can be subject of the griefer if they're able to get multiple PB by removing their character history. (Moderately Critical)

I think that's all for Protective Barrier issues, that I encounter. Moving next to personal issue (Client side issue). Basically this issues can be fixed by restart/relogin and consciousness of yourself.

1. Exploiting soil see-through. Able to see through soil is huge problem in PVP Server. In this case, I did myself and found someone (won't call his name) who desperately hiding inside the cave. (Whoever this guy in the picture, I know your feeling buddy. I didn't kill or take your stuff, I left the sign message for you there. :P) (Moderately Critical)

tgH9gX0_D8qRQ4g42cU2XdWGXsjd4LQ0E3ivBgD4

2. This is bug that I encounter myself, you can open basically any chest that generated by server with Key Chain ( I'm desperately carry 30+ keys in my Key Chain). I'm able to unlock MK 1 armor chest at the tower with my Key Chain, even I didn't have first key at sunken sphere. And I'm also able to unlock Pirate Chest (which has old coins and musket) with my Key Chain without actually getting the Pirate Chest real key. (Critical)

3. Able to glitch character through the ground with rope ladder(and any other ladders maybe). I honestly found the rope ladder being placed by someone. Since I already have propeller pack on my back, glitching through the ground is not a biggy for me. I can simply fly to anywhere and glitch through on top of the ground or inside the cave again. (Critical)

4. Ship being blackout without anything on it for certain condition, only the hull is visible with really black color. I encounter this bug when I'm flying around island to get map data, and then back to my ship. This problem can be fixed if you relogin. (Moderately Critical)

5. Inventory item in some cases, will be duplicated. I honestly don't know how this happen, but I got 2 herb bags with exact amount and the same herb I have in other herb bag. And I got stone block that duplicated at another time. (Moderately Critical)

6. Sharks on the land seems still be problem for you, Devs. Even though they're not that much. Here is the picture. I think it happen when your screen generate yland. (Moderately Critical)

a_lkzfYshLWU_EHzjgYjbFb7wpKRU8-ZKcfAHjk-

7. Blocks overlap each other, this issue happen when you click too fast when building using continuous feature. Basically the blocks will overlap each other at the same place. (Moderately Critical)

I think thats all I have. I'll surely update this thread if I forgot something. My most concern is about PB, even with PB placed I'm not feeling safe playing in MP Public Server with those re*ards griefer. At current state, multiplayer is playable, but most of the time you'll never have "positive fun"  at the end. ¬¬ Currently I will stop playing MP Public server until the PB issues being fixed.

I'll summon devs that I know, @Aleš Ulm, @Khanecz, @Ane. I'm sorry, I have to summon you guys, just to let you know.

(Note: All of the pictures above is taken from Public Multiplayer Server (Official Server).

My message to all of the griefer out there, I warn you to NOT do what I was said above! You simply ruin someone's experience! If you wanna get "real fun" in the game, simply don't be an *ssh*le.

Bonus picture:

"I made complete public starter camp with basic stations near generated blacksmith on the spawn island, so newcomer can progress little bit faster. But someone who re*ard enough, place the PB on it. Maybe I'm just too kind to those people, I'll surely never do that again. OR Maybe someone generous enough to let his only PB placed to protect it."

dOxEsT41bFlqsMNENM5YccA6ef1l-65OjBHVCHsO

Edited by Velocifer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

For now multiplayer is simply a bad experience, being prey to griefers when you are gone sleeping in RL because the Protective Barrier does not do what it s name says it should do, is just a NO NO.

• Upvote 3

hahahahahahahahah nice bugs :P , btw your ship in it's current state although very nice built the baugthat throws you out of the ship is dangerous on yours because it's fast and doesnt have a wall behind the steering wheel :D

1 minute ago, Chris Young Noize G. said:

hahahahahahahahah nice bugs :P , btw your ship in it's current state although very nice built the baugthat throws you out of the ship is dangerous on yours because it's fast and doesnt have a wall behind the steering wheel :D

Don't you dare try one of bugs above.. :P Lets talk about this in my creation thread. #I really want to get feedback so badly, but no one sent me positive criticism or feedback. ;) xD

I am not playing MP again until the whole area of the so called "protective barrier" is really entirely protected, those bullies are a nightmare, in real world i would slap them in the face.

20180121081830_1.thumb.jpg.de383712a57f8f94ab5a0779ee306cab.jpg

20180121081901_1.thumb.jpg.647c03263ab85e01c2277b724c18bc60.jpg

20180121081922_1.thumb.jpg.589a48a1425c13c988859224f696b9b0.jpg

I had placed an underlining of bamboo right under the surface of the WHOLE floor of my cabin, the only ones that stayed are the ones build "normally", ALL the holes with stations collapsed are the ones i placed in FREE MODE. So you cannot count on Structures placed in Free Mode, lesson learned, all my chests are damned empty.

Of course this all happened when i was offline sleeping my RL night.

I agree the PB needs updating. It should protect the land completely. Luckily in the next update, the PB will prevent others from making terrain modifications which is a step in the right direction. My house has been covered in dirt too many times...
Also, I think that items dropped on the ground (not by the player) should despawn after a while. For example, wooden pieces, resin, etc... from cut down trees. When I walk around my yland its always filled with junk left on the ground.

1 hour ago, Desolation said:

the PB will prevent others from making terrain modifications which is a step in the right direction. My house has been covered in dirt too many times... 
Also, I think that items dropped on the ground (not by the player) should despawn after a while. For example, wooden pieces, resin, etc... from cut down trees. When I walk around my yland its always filled with junk left on the ground.

Yep I can't wait for this update, a lot of good stuff in there.. :D And I also hope that only the owner of Protective Barrier are able to lock the chest/door which is inside their PB.

For despawn system, I think that is a must have in the future since it can maintain the server performance too, not only for item that dropped by player action (chopping down the tree like you said) but also like player stuff/player made structure including Protective Barrier itself. Don't be disagree yet, let me give you example:

For player dropped stuff outside  Protective Barrier might be vanish after 3-4 days rl.
For player made structure outside Protective Barrier might be vanish after 10 days rl.
For player made stations/furniture outside Protective Barrier might be vanish after they no longer being used after 3-4 days rl.
For Protective Barrier itself might be vanish after 20 days rl if the player not login again in the server.

So your house/structure that initially inside PB will totally vanish after 30 days, and your stuff/station/furniture that initially inside PB will totally vanish after 24 days. I think that is fair enough. 30 days for gaming time is pretty long, too long even for scavenger to wait. :P
As admin you can change this time estimation in Editor.

Note: all of this time estimation is only my opinion.

• Like 1