Energritz_

[Exploit/MP Gamebreaking] Protective Barrier does not prevent terrian/item exploitation

Question

[Exploit/Bug/Protective Barrier/Terrain/item/Glitch]

Since there isn't much voice about this issue, ( A few similar posts ) today i did a server spawn area clean up,

after the CPU idle % was around 35%, from ~5% initially, expecting the worst and i was not surprised.

I currently host a Server for the Public if they so choose to use, i have put [Beta] tags on the server title, so people know what to expect.

I personally play on the server, knowing full well things can break, however i do not live on the spawn island, so i don't have these issues.

Note: All these places in theses pictures are under a Protective Barrier, people have added their own flare to other peoples areas.

This exploit would need to addressed ASAP or Dedi Servers ( especially public ones ) will not survive and die out. eventually.

( These areas have now been cleaned up by me in the editor, which took 1-2hrs to complete , thankfully its a small server

after the cleanup, CPU returned to around ~8% idle ! )

Below is an example of people not knowing about the issue at hand, unlucky for the owner left a stairway to the roof.

These are players who are not at spawn but not far from it either.

YlandsTerrainExploit3.jpg

Another house taken advantaged of

YlandsTerrainExploit1.jpg

A shed house of the first picture..

YlandsTerrainExploit4.jpg

And lastly a WIP underground base.. now ruined..

YlandsTerrainExploit2.jpg

• Upvote 3

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

I am not playing MP again until the whole area of the so called "protective barrier" is really entirely protected, those bullies are a nightmare, in real world i would slap them in the face.

20180121081830_1.thumb.jpg.de383712a57f8f94ab5a0779ee306cab.jpg

20180121081901_1.thumb.jpg.647c03263ab85e01c2277b724c18bc60.jpg

20180121081922_1.thumb.jpg.589a48a1425c13c988859224f696b9b0.jpg

I had placed an underlining of bamboo right under the surface of the WHOLE floor of my cabin, the only ones that stayed are the ones build "normally", ALL the holes with stations collapsed are the ones i placed in FREE MODE. So you cannot count on Structures placed in Free Mode, lesson learned, all my chests are damned empty.

Of course this all happened when i was offline sleeping my RL night.

Nooo.... That second picture is of my house. That sucks.
In the next update terrain modifications will be prevented by other players. Guess we will just have to wait.

3 hours ago, Desolation said:

Nooo.... That second picture is of my house. That sucks.
In the next update terrain modifications will be prevented by other players. Guess we will just have to wait.

I did mention in quotes, " ( These areas have now been cleaned up by me in the editor, ) " so your place should be ok again, unless someone got to it again.

• Thanks 1

Yes, this will change in the next update :)

On 21/1/2018 at 4:12 PM, Energritz_ said:

[Exploit/Bug/Protective Barrier/Terrain/item/Glitch]

Since there isn't much voice about this issue, ( A few similar posts ) today i did a server spawn area clean up,

after the CPU idle % was around 35%, from ~5% initially, expecting the worst and i was not surprised.

I currently host a Server for the Public if they so choose to use, i have put [Beta] tags on the server title, so people know what to expect.

I personally play on the server, knowing full well things can break, however i do not live on the spawn island, so i don't have these issues.

Note: All these places in theses pictures are under a Protective Barrier, people have added their own flare to other peoples areas.

This exploit would need to addressed ASAP or Dedi Servers ( especially public ones ) will not survive and die out. eventually.

( These areas have now been cleaned up by me in the editor, which took 1-2hrs to complete , thankfully its a small server

after the cleanup, CPU returned to around ~8% idle ! )

Below is an example of people not knowing about the issue at hand, unlucky for the owner left a stairway to the roof.

These are players who are not at spawn but not far from it either.

Feel you man... Got disconnected inside of my barrier, and when I returned to the game 2 min later, I had been killed bu a new player with a stone axe. He somehow glitched his way inside my base and killed me. Lost a week of progress right there, and that was the last straw for me. Not gonna return to this game in the near future due to one hell of a lot of gamebreakinig bugs in both single- and multiplayer.

On 21/1/2018 at 4:12 PM, Energritz_ said:

45 minutes ago, Sir_Duck said:

Feel you man... Got disconnected inside of my barrier, and when I returned to the game 2 min later, I had been killed bu a new player with a stone axe. He somehow glitched his way inside my base and killed me. Lost a week of progress right there, and that was the last straw for me. Not gonna return to this game in the near future due to one hell of a lot of gamebreakinig bugs in both single- and multiplayer.

from what I have seen in my current base it is still possible to place stools or mats with which to access.¬¬
I use double wall to avoid first-person peepers:P

On 25/3/2018 at 1:55 AM, Energritz_ said:

@Sir_Duck why you digging up a 2 month old post? .... i don't get it

Because the issue wasn't fixed

56 minutes ago, Sir_Duck said:

Because the issue wasn't fixed

Terrain manipulation within a barrier was fixed.  That doesn't mean your griefer didn't find an exploitable way to get through the barrier, but this specific problem was addressed.  If anyone has any new exploits to report, I recommend they create appropriate bug reports so the team can handle them.

Edited by Baz Foobar