Soondead-27d3f9fbcbfb78c3

Make rock ("stone chunk") more common than dirt

Question

I have just dug a trench about 10 blocks wide, straight from the coast, at sea level, towards the center of the island and in the process extracted somewhere around 25k of dirt. And less than 20 stone chunks and marble combined. Dirt seems to be the "filler" material of the Ylands terrain, an idea that doesn't really ring true with me. I don't know too much about the geology of other parts of the world but I imagine where I live can't be the only place in the world where, if you start digging like this, you'll hit rock within a reasonable amount of time? Also, given the fact that in Ylands clay is the first material you really must find, maybe you should consider spawning random clay pieces like you already spawn horse shoes, cannon balls, old shoes and other "random" sources of useful crafting materials for those who can't seem to get them any other way? More veins in general please, and more variety of stuff to find when grinding the earth.

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

You can fill in holes with dirt but not with stone. I guess that is why it is more common.
If you dig in a cave then there are more stone and marble chunks.

On 1/21/2018 at 10:56 PM, Soondead-27d3f9fbcbfb78c3 said:

I have just dug a trench about 10 blocks wide, straight from the coast, at sea level, towards the center of the island and in the process extracted somewhere around 25k of dirt. And less than 20 stone chunks and marble combined.

try digging in the mountains if you want rock. i made a quarry on one of my mountain peaks, it's solid source of stone.