Sign in to follow this  
Bladefury

Military gear/items?

Hey guys, just wanted to know if you have any plans of adding military stuff in the game at any point? things like tanks, machine guns, army vehicles, army clothing?

Cant wait to see more content for this awesome game.

Hi,

thanks for your kind words! :)

As for the military stuff: on one hand, we want to Ylands to be kids-safe and family-friendly, but on the other one we want to give players the means to create pretty much any game they like and (modern) warfare is definitely an important part of mankind's history.

We are planning on adding parental controls that will let parents filter out some content from the game - after taking this step it will be possible for us to add wider selections of objects into the game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aleš Ulm said:

We are planning on adding parental controls that will let parents filter out some content from the game - after taking this step it will be possible for us to add wider selections of objects into the game.

I never even thought of that! That is a genius idea. 

Just an idea, you could create alternative "skins" for items if parental controls are enabled instead of straight cutting out content from the game. (Turning a deadly sub machine gun into a marshmallow shooter for example)

6 minutes ago, SamMonahan said:

into a marshmallow shooter

I dig this! :D

• Upvote 1

Nice idea, also dont forget there's already guns and dynamite that you can blow your friends up with already, so i think adding a few more weapons wont be a problem, as its more of a cartoony feel to it then realistic.

1 minute ago, Achilles77 said:

Nice idea, also dont forget there's already guns and dynamite that you can blow your friends up with already, so i think adding a few more weapons wont be a problem, as its more of a cartoony feel to it then realistic.

Very true, but maybe they would get tweaked with parental controls too?

35 minutes ago, Ane said:

I dig this! :D

Water pistols, foam dart guns and bubble guns also come to mind :D

• Upvote 1