fluidsc

SUGGESTION: Floating Buoy

Question

How about a craftable buoy that we can place in the water to mark shallow reef in areas we frequent with our ships and boats. I think about this a lot when I am headed back from adventuring and avoiding the same areas.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13 replies to this bug / suggestion

It would have to be indestructable to other players like Protective barrier, or anyone could up with it and move it somewhere else to troll you, but i like the idea.

47 minutes ago, renderin said:

A short term fix might be a lantern on a log raft. 8^)

You might be on to something there. At least, until the devs add a fuctional buoy. Though instead of just a lantern on a raft, build a buoy out of a raft, if it's possible of course.

1 hour ago, Energritz_ said:

I might test this out later today, a particular yland i reside on is rather treacherous

I just thought about this. Place a log or two vertically from the bottom. If its shallow, it should not be too hard. Then put a lantern on that.

• Upvote 2

@renderin ... great idea... craft a massive  log and   paint it ..and  then  fit a lantern on top...¬¬  I never thought of that!    thanks for  the inspiration ...i can now  mark out a  navigable  waterway to  my base  ..:D

I live on the coast we have all kinds of things marking navigable channels in our water. I was thinking about doing them in a line from one island to another in game. Please post pics!

did some testing, i now have a pole with a lamp on it, it actually is some distance from the coast, but i can still see it out there at night, kinda cool.

• Upvote 1

Lanterns are great, the never burn out. May require a sand quarry to get several going out to sea.

The  blue quartz    crystals  are brighter...   as i harvest them  i replace the  internal  lights   in my base and  also on the ship.   a couple  in the  crows nest  help you to find it  if  you get caught out in a storm.

If you place a   quartz  crystal on a  small platform  on your ship  at each  corner,  just above  the waterline  and  screen them so  they do not  shine  back into your  view,  they will illuminate the ocean floor  under you ship!

The red crystals seem to show the terrain under the water very well too. There will always be someone that wants to destroy what you build in game, but a couple of logs and a lantern are pretty cheap.