DazRogue

protective barrier

Hi this is my first post. If i have the protective barrier active while i am online can someone break my buildings.

i just had an aggressive player chase me i blocked the only way in to my base with blocks and he broke in and attacked me.

i don't think i understand how this barrier works. please advise.

At first your protective barrier is "broken", you will need to find metal, make ingots, one tool (hammer i guess) and then you will be able to repair it, then only can you place it and Light It UP.

Once lit up, people cannot kill you when you are inside, but they can: Dig terrain, add soil, cut trees, place furniture, which means they can dig under your walls if you made a building without foundations, they can destroy you nice little garden if you had created one, they can cover your home with dirt, or block your doors with chests...

For now the "protective" in barrier is only for your life, it should be overhauled in the near future, until then, be very, very paranoid, build foundations, close all your doors with keys, lock your chests, and pray for now one to come just grief your home sweet home by pooping piles of dirt on it because "huhuhu that is so funny to be a troll"....

Edited by YadNiMonde
  • Upvote 1

Regardless if the barrier is fixed or not, active or not - it will only protect you when you are offline.

The barrier does not provide protection when you are online and on the server.

I hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

Hi yes it was repaired and active. Thanks Kittemz1 that is the answer, i thought it protected your base while you were online i am not sure it explains it too well 

in the codex or it might be that i just cant read..Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DazRogue said:

Hi yes it was repaired and active. Thanks Kittemz1 that is the answer, i thought it protected your base while you were online i am not sure it explains it too well 

in the codex or it might be that i just cant read..Thanks for the help.

It doesn't protect you from PVP combat while you are online, but it's supposed to prevent other players from altering terrain or objects within the cube regardless of you being online or not.  Did you place the blocks down with free placement (V) or did you actually build them in place?  I think there might be a bug with free placing.

8 hours ago, Baz Foobar said:

It doesn't protect you from PVP combat while you are online, but it's supposed to prevent other players from altering terrain or objects within the cube regardless of you being online or not.  Did you place the blocks down with free placement (V) or did you actually build them in place?  I think there might be a bug with free placing.

Hi it was a properly built building (not Free Placed) i left an opening to get in and out. A guy chased me down the coast but i got away from him a little got in to my build and placed panels in the door to block the opening. (not free placed) He must have seen where i went came over to my building and seemed to punch the two panels that i placed and broke them and came in i was on the second floor looking down at him. Oh and it was built out of wood out on the water.