Question

The comments in this thread made it obvious to me that Ylands needs a Politically Correct mode where both PvP and PvE is abolished. There can be no harming of trees, flowers, grass or anything else in the simulated environment. Animals must all be blessed with speech and Disney-like emotions so they can live in harmony and never actually need to eat. Fauna should never wither and the weather must be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings. Gameplay should be restricted to making emotes that express love and compassion for all things.

Run this mode on one or two official servers for the treehuggers, then implement all the cool and crazy stuff so the rest of us can go have fun with A COMPUTER GAME.

Sheesh...!

• Downvote 2

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

6 hours ago, Soondead-27d3f9fbcbfb78c3 said:

The comments in this thread made it obvious to me that Ylands needs a Politically Correct mode where both PvP and PvE is abolished. There can be no harming of trees, flowers, grass or anything else in the simulated environment. Animals must all be blessed with speech and Disney-like emotions so they can live in harmony and never actually need to eat. Fauna should never wither and the weather must be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings. Gameplay should be restricted to making emotes that express love and compassion for all things.

Run this mode on one or two official servers for the treehuggers, then implement all the cool and crazy stuff so the rest of us can go have fun with A COMPUTER GAME.

Sheesh...!

10 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Don't forget the  minority groups    ... and the  skin color of the avatars.  Also  religious symbols  - all must be included so  not as to "offend" others.... and also ban the crafting of  guns..:P

Did you make this thread as a serious suggestion, or just from frustration over some of the responses from the thread you've linked to? I think there is certainly room for discussion on a mode or setting that makes the game more kid friendly, and by all means, let it be discussed if there is an interest in it. If, however, you just made this thread to be divisive and cause tension within the Ylands community, I suggest you revisit the Community Guidelines. While I understand your point of view on the matter, I find your method of expression to be in poor taste. Please keep discussion civil and constructive.

Don't forget the  minority groups    ... and the  skin color of the avatars.  Also  religious symbols  - all must be included so  not as to "offend" others.... and also ban the crafting of  guns..:P

1 hour ago, kimbuck said:

And there are only two genders to choose from. Oh, the humanity.

48 minutes ago, Seathre said:

Did you make this thread as a serious suggestion, or just from frustration over some of the responses from the thread you've linked to? I think there is certainly room for discussion on a mode or setting that makes the game more kid friendly, and by all means, let it be discussed if there is an interest in it. If, however, you just made this thread to be divisive and cause tension within the Ylands community, I suggest you revisit the Community Guidelines. While I understand your point of view on the matter, I find your method of expression to be in poor taste. Please keep discussion civil and constructive.

This is a game about surviving and there's a recurring pirate theme, complete with swords, guns, wild animals, cannons and player killing. Maybe it's worth mentioning that pirates are criminals that roam the seas looking for victims to plunder and kill? Whatever, nobody bats an eye.

Mention whales and people lose their minds, bringing up plastic bottles and oil spills(!) since this is obviously quite a slippery slope. Incidently, I live in one of two countries in the world where whaling still occurs, albeit on a microscopic scale compared to what was historically the case.

This therefore offends me, which by internet practice gives me the right and privilege to go off in a completely random direction as long as I use proper grammar and avoid using the F word.

What about baby seals that we can club in the head and skin for white little furs to line the seats in our racing cars? The cars are ofcourse electric and therefore completely harmless to the environment.

• Downvote 2

Wow people actually think people were taking that post seriously? even though the OP for that thread pointed that out? that's what you get for skim reading i suppose..

• Downvote 1

I saw the funny  side  and  interpreted it as a  jocular post ...hence my reply. :D

But then,  considering  mp games are infested with  infantile  griefers, and  there's  some who go  bananas if they do not get a reply  to a problem within 5 minutes,  what do you expect?:D

Yes  its a game!    and i personally  don't get upset if  i get terminated in a game ..at least i can respawn  and seek revenge....you cannot  do  THAT in  real life !   :P

Peace,  rainbows  unicorns  and  fluffy  bunnys  to everyone!¬¬

Unfortunately, we live in times when people make really weird and extreme posts and mean every word they say in those so it can get sometimes difficult to tell what is real and what is intentionally absurd - especially when it comes out of nowhere, without smilies or any context. Even though in this case it's obviously meant as a joke I would strongly suggest not going in this direction. Bear in mind that in here there are people from various cultures, with various beliefs who might not share your sense of humor and I've seen a lot of post like this turn into heated arguments (fortunately not on our forums :) ). Thanks!

• Like 4