Sign in to follow this  
ComR

"you are leaving Ylands area"... so on.... bug..? And Ylands generating problems??

Question

Hi,

First of all - THANK YOU FOR LAST HOTFIXES! :D My ship escaped me once again and I decided to start whole game once again, but... I saw new hot fix and for any case started old world... I saw my ship and it dissappeared soon after, but I decided to rush for him last time! And.. to my surprise... the ship stopped with sails up! So, you changed something! But but but.... I retrieved ship I was chasing for whole lat week!!! :)))))))) It was where I saw "you are leaving Ylands area" - message... Maybe you made ships to stop there if they are with nobody onboard? Also, breaking things is no longer producing piles of separate piles od gravel, but one pile - great! Thank you!

Anyway... This is where I have found another bug. Important one. In my earlier games I had problems finding Ylands. I usually could find max. 7 Ylands and most of these were tiny ones. After last updates Ylands are much bigger, but there is much less Ylands at all, but... I realised that there is a problem in generating Exlore Ylands...

1) Above all, there are parts of the map, where I can see "you are leaving Ylands area" message, but I'm clearly in the area and there is Ylands I well know just ahead!

2) Also, I'm not sure yet, but the message is shown even if there is a Yland ahead, but not explored yet, but far away. I'm planning to check it today because... I have my super fast ship again! :D

3) I'm not sure if it's but and if it's connected to bug mentioned above, but birds are sometimes "not there" or flying worng direction. I know they are fly to an Yland or from an Yland, so you can see these flying from right to left, ut there are places where you can never see any bird, but Ylands are there. Maybe game is adding birds only after discovering new Yland? Maybe Ylands are creater during the game? I'm not sure - I'm sure there is a map bug showing "you are leaving Ylands area" in between Ylands and birds are sometimes acting wrong - or, game is changing something during exploring. Example:
- I was sailing for 24 hour towards a bird. I'm sure he was flying directly from my Yland to another one. We were heading in the same direction. I realised that if bird is constantly flapping - it's on the way. If bird is gliding and flapping only from time to time - bird is over an Yland and is making "circles" (triangles?) above the Yland. So - I'm sure there is an Yland. Should be. But I have to stop, there was big snow storm - I'm sure I was in the right place.... and then "you are leaving Ylands area" was shown again and again. So, I changed my direction. So, Birds are wrong from time to time? Or, "you are leaving Ylands area" is wrong? Or both?

For now I have only 5 Ylands and there is "you are leaving Ylands area" anywhere around... My Ylands are incomplete too; There is no gold, there is no Ylandium, there is no caves with treasures... clearly - this world is wrong... Is this possible that game is generating from time to time glitched worlds with only a few Ylands, not all materials needed and world much smaller than usual?

All The Best!
Bartosz

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Well... it's seems I was wrong.... Making graves still makes piles os separate piles of gravel.... Sometimes not... If you were fixing it - it works, but not if you are doing it above the water.

On 1/25/2018 at 11:30 AM, ComR said:

1) Above all, there are parts of the map, where I can see "you are leaving Ylands area" message, but I'm clearly in the area and there is Ylands I well know just ahead!

I've seen the above message several times when I know there is a previously discovered Yland just ahead. Has happened  in several different areas.  I cant discern a pattern of what causes it. All in the same single player game.

I haven't notice the (possibly related) issue with birds.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stlnegril9 said:

I've seen the above message several times when I know there is a previously discovered Yland just ahead. Has happened  in several different areas.  I cant discern a pattern of what causes it. All in the same single player game.

I haven't notice the (possibly related) issue with birds.

Yes, I'm trying to collect more information for Devs, but it' not easy. I assume that map generating code is broken and map glitches (as squarte parts of radnom [random?] areas inside well know island is a bug. However,  I guess there is a small glitch in code, which makes maps glitchy and at the same time is showing wrong directions as the end of the world. (BTW. I'd like to "force" Ylands devs to make Ylands wordl like real Earth - this is really simple idea: if you go above map - you'll be moved to the bottom of the map, if you are to the left - you will be moved to the right of the map - making out game one small planet. 

The only big problem with it is... size of the World. I never heard from any Dev if "exploring mode can be "endless exploring of new lands, generated as needed - in this case - I think standart map is great and I'dl love to know it Ylands is tiny, small, average, big, hudge or - INFINITE world generated during play.

So, I think the most fantasdtic and revolutionary way to make Ylands is to let us generate whole planet forever - so, no borders, no moving from far left to far right (no, I'm not talking about politics).... But this is the only reason. I hope it would be great if it would be an option:

-World generated at start (with given size)

-World generated as you explore The Ocean... (no limits - the longer you play - the map gets bigger).

-World generated at the start, but in the shape of "sphere", when you can travel around the world in just 40 days... (simply - you are "Leaving the Yland area" is changed to no warning, but you are moved to the opposite part of the map. Simpliest way of pseudo sphrical world.

Please, think of it.

Best Regards,

ComR