Thomas Johnson

Sleeping in Multiplayer

Question

It would be great if no one else is on the server you could use a bed to sleep in to skip the night. If multiple people are on a server and they all agreed to sleep at the same time it would also work to allow them to skip the night.

Thanks!

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

4 minutes ago, Energritz_ said:

I prefer having the nighttime in and not changed able to be honest, it adds a danger element and maybe down the track nocturnal enemies

I will say having sleeping in for Friends or P2P play is fine, just not public servers, because good luck on getting everyone to sleep at once.

Sounds like you solved your own problem with it. If you don't like skipping the night, don't sleep. If everyone on the server is tired of night, they will agree to sleep, if not, you tough out the night. I'd be completely cool with that.

Sounds like something Creativerse put in. Don't know how difficult it'd be to set up in this game. 

I prefer having the nighttime in and not changed able to be honest, it adds a danger element and maybe down the track nocturnal enemies

I will say having sleeping in for Friends or P2P play is fine, just not public servers, because good luck on getting everyone to sleep at once.

I was saying more along the lines of this, Great for friends and P2P games, not so great for public servers, that's all

the reasoning behind it is, skipping the night is easy mode.. i like challenges, I've in fact sat inside a hut for 10~20mins doing nothing waiting for daylight...

other times I'm scrambling back to safe spot on the other size of an yland in pitch blackness hoping not to fall into a cave or mauled by an animal. (usually after a mining session)

But it adds the suspense and surprise factor or not knowing, and i don't want this game to become another minecraft...

Edited by Energritz_

Fair enough, I see your point. I guess for me it's a bit more of a hassle since I primarily just build and doing so at night isn't as easy even with mining helmet. SO maybe a good compromise would be a switch when setting up the server so the game host can decide?

Yeah that's what i was kinda getting at, Friends in a server would trigger sleep mode , or Hosted games, Public servers would have a config option to change.

• Upvote 1