Sign in to follow this  
silentghoust

Odd sized doors

So, I don't know if I'm missing a golden ratio or something. But it seems impossible to have a consistent design with having 3 block width sized doors. This has had profound effects on pretty much all my structures. I have tried several ways of covering up the oddity area. Such as using the 2x2 cubes on one side, using a single square block, ect. Not sure what everybody else thinks or had this issue as well. Or maybe some advice? 

Below pic is an example of simply trying to get a pointed roof lined up.

Ylands_170716_032818.png

Edited by silentghoust

Let me elaborate more.

Lets say you are wanting to build a small town for a map. A builder might be making a pretty good size town, so they will want to save on build time. I'm also taking a guess that the connecting faces of two blocks are not removed on individual blocks(yet). So the bigger the chunk of per block, the more optimized your buildings will be.

Since most doors are 3x width blocks. If you want symmetry with your house, you pretty much are forced to have some sort of 3 block path going from your door to whatever for consistency. You can't for example, get a panel floor without some hiding of that last 4th row in some form or another. This also limits your ability to utilize panels as a fast and efficient way to establish a full floor, as well as being able to use some of their unique textures.

Ylands_170716_050217.png

Edited by silentghoust