V-Alfred

[Suggestion] Zoning that can be placed by Admin and Map creator to protect spawn point and specific structure

Question

So I got this idea base on my experience (when playing MP and making custom map) and also heard people that got similar problem. We need something (bubble zone e.g. like "Trigger Zone") that won't allow players to build anything inside that zone, and I wish with that zone we can also disable any damage to anything and anyone. So we can make like "non-combat zone" to protect anything who or which is inside that zone. With this zone, we can minimize griefer actions (e.g. spawn camping, spawn blocking, placing protective barrier that shouldn't be placed there)  and also to protect specific random structure from exploitation at the start of the server/game.

Basically this zone can be placed with Editor that works pretty similar like Trigger zone, but has several options (permission to build, non-combat, etc.).

If you agree, please vote this thread so the devs will take a note and start thinking about this zoning. and if you have another similar suggestion, feel free to post in this thread and let us vote it too! 

Edited by Velocifer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Definitely a useful feature for server administrators. If this isn't added to the game, I'm sure someone will make a mod with something like this once modding support is available.

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2018 at 4:57 PM, Aleš Ulm said:

You can set entities indestructible. Nobody will be able to destroy them, not even with an Annihilator

this was part of the last "developer sneak peek": 

15 hours ago, spliff (DayZ) said:

this was part of the last "developer sneak peek": 

They did nail some of my point after I post this thread, but sure that's not enough. Make things indestructible is good but there's no point if that thing can be modified by players and make something out of it. Let me give you example, there are random building just call it "Tower of Mordor" that I set indestructible, if player still can place/build things around it and set up base on it/nearby that structure, that's means that player building will get some advantage over my "Tower of Mordor" which other player won't get if they put PB on it.

That's why we need zoning that won't allow player to build/place anything and deal any damage to anything inside that zone. That zone also useful for example to create "Trading Zone with NPC or between players". That's just my personal suggestion. If you agree, please vote this thread up there beside my profile picture, so the devs will notice it and start thinking about it. Thanks ^_^

• Upvote 1