Are they going to add pets later in the updates because I hope they do, it would be useful to be able to tame:

• Wolf: For scavenging purposes or finding rare loot
  • Bears: same as wolf but also another mount 
  • Birds/Parrots: For sending messages to players in multiplayer because i think if your going to make it survival you shouldn't be able to communicate a through chat, long distance and it could be a companion to talk to when you playing by yourself
  • Pumas/any cat: for stealth reasons because they might add built structures on some islands with NPCs that you might want to liberate

But i think it might be a good idea to be able to tame any type of animal you can possibly find to give you different buffs/stats

I want to be able to tame goats too. There was a goat that fell in a hole. Horses I can tame and ride out. With a goat you just have to leave it. Or kill it. :(

Pets are actually in the devs road map. How they'll function we don't know yet. Too many game breaking bugs they have to sort out first. 

On 2/1/2018 at 12:12 PM, bb cakes said:

I want to be able to tame goats too. There was a goat that fell in a hole. Horses I can tame and ride out. With a goat you just have to leave it. Or kill it. :(

I built a pen on my lot (MP) and asked the administrator to put in a couple of goats. It was very cute.  When I logged in today my two goats had dropped into the basement and are now four goats. Can't get them out, so I guess they live there now.

1 hour ago, bb cakes said:

I built a pen on my lot (MP) and asked the administrator to put in a couple of goats. It was very cute.

I put a fence around my house and then spawned a bear inside. But some people would kill them from outside the fence. I'm thinking about building a zoo when 0.7 is out.

[EDIT] Bears make great alarms though. They wont give me a second thought with the cube, but when I was nearby, if I heard him growl, then I knew another player was nearby too.

Edited by Whane The Whip
  • Upvote 1

I was attempting to build a zoo. I put a brown bear in a fenced in enclosure.  He stayed for a while.  Then I made a kennel for arctic wolves, it was completely enclosed. They would not stay in.  As soon as the wolves were on the lot, the bear went AWOL.  I don't know if they escaped or despawned. 

Just now, bb cakes said:

I was attempting to build a zoo. I put a brown bear in a fenced in enclosure.  He stayed for a while.  Then I made a kennel for arctic wolves, it was completely enclosed. They would not stay in.  As soon as the wolves were on the lot, the bear went AWOL.  I don't know if they escaped or despawned. 

Those bears are tricksters. Have you learned that if you leave fish on the ground, that bears and boars both will eat them? I learned this by accident in creative when I was working on a fish rack, turned around after hearing an odd sound, to see a bear eating the fish. They will eat both raw and cooked.

• Upvote 1

Keralis did it, but I don't remember how. Look for the episode where he travels with the ferry.