Baz Foobar

Terraformer Question

As we all know, digging into the sand under water causes the water to get all wonky.  I've found that dropping blocks of water (via the Terraformer) onto the area clears the issue up and everything settles down nicely.  After loading the map into the editor, it became apparent that the blocks of water were still in the air above the area I was attempting to fix, so it seems that when you place material down with the terraformer, the game retains that original location even if gravity forced it to disperse below.

Is this intentional?  Does this cause any issues that I haven't run into yet?  From a player perspective, it's non-impacting since the water splashes into the area below and just fills in the space, but I wonder if these extra objects being tracked by the game engine are taking up resources needlessly?

3 hours ago, mid endian said:

Did you create the map in the editor or edit a game you already started? 

Edited a game already started.

Had my own hangups with terraforming in the game. I attempted to make a mountain river that ran all the way down to the ocean, but the water on the coast tends to spazz out of it, and my Mountain Lake drains out.

I've been having the same problem with my friends.  we made a ship on the server that we played together and every time we stumbled to the point of having to dig under the boat to release it, the water disappears and those bizarre holes remain in the water.  When will this be corrected?  the first message of the topic is from February 2018, we are almost in June 2019

Water has been turned off for months.  Digging a ship out is hard and makes a mess. I use dirt to push it out. Also don't place it in shallow water to begin with.