RedEagle_P1.

What is this 0.7 release new I hear of?

...jumping up and  down and  waving    arms...       wheee.!!!.

Look for Ales  sneak peek  #45 thread and  be  amazed and  excited:D    yes  NPC's  fixes  and  who  knows  what else...O.o

I believe its  called  " Cheerful Characters "       

Unfortunately  it  will only  be for  new games started after the update....

You don't have to i presume, but you miss out on the new features, unless you manually add them in, unless it doesn't work on previous maps.

A few DS operators are planning a fresh map anyway, since the current ones are getting worse...

9 minutes ago, Energritz_ said:

You don't have to i presume, but you miss out on the new features, unless you manually add them in, unless it doesn't work on previous maps.

A few DS operators are planning a fresh map anyway, since the current ones are getting worse...

@Anecan you confirm/deny this? 

Btw, thanks for being so amazingly available :) 

34 minutes ago, Energritz_ said:

Indeed. My poor DS feels like it's on life support. Even after a restart and corpse cleanup and general cleanup it's quite buggy. Plus I just found out that due to a bug with my host, my server wasn't located where it was supposed to be located.

1 minute ago, Whane The Whip said:

Plus I just found out that due to a bug with my host, my server wasn't located where it was supposed to be located.

Ouch man, was it at least on the west coast? or was it in Europe?

Just now, Energritz_ said:

Ouch man, was it at least on the west coast? or was it in Europe?

Not that bad, but still, it was in Vegas.

I'd be curious to know if NPCS can be imported into current maps as a composition. Less need to reset long running servers. 

1 hour ago, mid endian said:

I'd be curious to know if NPCS can be imported into current maps as a composition. Less need to reset long running servers. 

Given that you can comp players, I'd say there is a good chance that we can comp NPC's too. But I have found that player characters, online or not, dead or not, drastically drop frames. Just a few dozen will drop me from my cap of 60 to mid 20's. Below is a screenshot of a comp that I repeated 3 times.

u4VWRNybQYaIXaw7ZUL3Dw.png

11 hours ago, Whane The Whip said:

Yup... and it was announced for Feb 2nd, as in tomorrow.

Mm I don't know where you got that info? But it won't be out today :) As far as I know, what we said was beginning of February :)

8 hours ago, RedEagle_MGN said:

Do we have to reset our servers to work with 0.7?

People will have to download a new version of the DS program we release and restart the program, but you can continue playing the map you currently have.

1 hour ago, Ane said:

Mm I don't know where you got that info? But it won't be out today :) As far as I know, what we said was beginning of February :)

Yes it was originally stated beginning and then there was another post here on the forums by BI stating Feb 2nd.

Edit, I went to find the post and as I recalled it was in the sneak peak #45. I had even copied the link to the post to send to a friend via chat just before he found it on his own. Now a search for Feb only shows 2 results. Trust level is slipping.

Edited by Whane The Whip

6 minutes ago, Whane The Whip said:

Yes it was originally stated beginning and then there was another post here on the forums by BI stating Feb 2nd.

Edit, I went to find the post and as I recalled it was in the sneak peak #45. I had even copied the link to the post to send to a friend via chat just before he found it on his own. Now a search for Feb only shows 2 results. Trust level is slipping.

@Ane Correct my bad memory if i am wrong, i think you said "early February" right ?

Thus my bet is on next Friday 9 Feb, any takers ..... 

On 26/1/2018 at 10:17 AM, Ane said:

So I believe you're having the same issue. In the 0.7 update (will be released at the beginning of February) we'll switch to a different Unity version, and we're hoping that fill fix the issue.

On 24/1/2018 at 9:25 AM, Ane said:

Beginning of February, no specific date :)

On 5/1/2018 at 2:08 PM, Aleš Ulm said:

The next major update is 0.7 "Cheerful Characters", will introduce NPCs into the game and will be released in the first half of February.

On 16/1/2018 at 3:29 PM, Ane said:

0.6.3 today, 0.7 at the beginning of February :)

On 12/1/2018 at 9:59 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

The update with NPCs (0.7), however, is going to be released in the first half of February.

This is what a search of February gives me. We always said early/beginning of February, with no specific date. Perhaps some other player mentioned Feb 2nd and that date got stuck in your head?

• Like 1

:D..its    called  excited  anticipation   Ane   ...  we all got   our legs  crossed ,  waiting..xD

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ane said:

This is what a search of February gives me. We always said early/beginning of February, with no specific date. 

Eish... i can still remember, thanks @Ane .:P

Now the rest of us can still see who guess the release date correct, right ?

1 minute ago, kimbuck said:

:D..its    called  excited  anticipation   Ane   ...  we all got   our legs  crossed ,  waiting..xD

@Whane The Whip looks to be a bit more "crossed" than just his legs, but that goes with being a "Whip" right O.o

• Haha 1

It was meant more for @Whane The Whip :P

At this point we don't usually say any specific dates because sometimes it's hard to predict how long the testing will take, if a new feature/fix will be added in the last minute, if something might go wrong and more time might be required...

So yeah, feel free to guess the specific day :D

• Haha 2

Grrrrr ... my  other half  just asked  me  if  the  update will include a last minute addition "for bigger female  B....'s ".   I   hope instead  there will be an   Alchemy  recipe for a silencing meddling  partners.:P   ( Oh and he  says  he  was NOT the  wolf who stole my skirt...):D

like ... yeah!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Grrrrr ... my  other half  just asked  me  if  the  update will include a last minute addition "for bigger female  B....'s ".   I   hope instead  there will be an   Alchemy  recipe for a silencing meddling  partners.:P   ( Oh and he  says  he  was NOT the  wolf who stole my skirt...):D

like ... yeah!

Sure, we'd love to have bees in the game, specially those hardworking queens! That's what he was talking about, right? :D

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ane said:

Sure, we'd love to have bees in the game, specially those hardworking queens! That's what he was talking about, right? :D

Nope, think he meant butterflies so we can look at them all day long. :D

• Haha 1

Nope, there was a 2nd post made aside from the original "early Feb" post. I was discussing it with a friend that was looking at the same post. When I read it I do recall thinking that BI must be nearly done with it to feel confident enough to post a date. I pulled up my calendar to verify what day that would be before posting here.

And there was at least one other post about someone asking what happened to the post with the date of Feb 2 but I can't find it either. When I search the forums for "feb" I only get two results and I can see in this thread alone that there should be more than 2. But hey what do I know, once upon a time images mysteriously appeared as uploaded and before that there was a time when the /community page didn't even work.