RedEagle_P1.

What is this 0.7 release new I hear of?

5 hours ago, Energritz_ said:

Well we can throw out early feb now from the new sneak peak.. pushed back to mid feb...

Agree on that one :(

One side of me thinks that it might not be really much of an update anyway as they keep on talking about .8 most of the time.

@Whane The Whip I discussed it with Ane and I'm also not aware that we mentioned this date for 0.7 in the past. Not only we have a policy of not giving exact dates unless we've pretty much started the final stage of testing, but I don't think February 2nd was ever considered as a release date even internally. It's true though that originally we planned to release the update a bit sooner (around 7-10th). Another policy we have is to avoid releasing updates on Fridays (for obvious reasons) - it did happen in the past but we try to avoid it as much as possible so intentionally planning for a Friday release doesn't sound like us :)  .

But even if we did mention February 2nd as a release date and missed that date, we wouldn't remove or edit the post - to be honest with large updates being released in rather short time intervals and us trying to squeeze in as many fixes as possible we've missed our share of expected releases in the past and never made a big deal out of it and always discussed it with our players - these posts can still be found on the forum (e.g. the much delayed pre-Steam cars update).

Maybe we said something in a way which made it sound as if 2nd was the release date - we're not native English speakers so even that is a possibility :) I don't want you to feel like you're being "deceived" or anything - PM me if you wish and we can try figure out which exact post was at root of this.

@Aleš Ulm

At the bottom of your Sneak Peak #45- it says, "Next Friday we’ll return to the upcoming 0.7." Of course, if one was skimming the post- they would come to the conclusion that you meant the 2nd for the release date. I too believed that it was coming out that day as well. But going back, no where does it specify that the update was really being rolled out. No worries though. Longer the better, I'm sure. But I just wanted to let you guys know where the main root of the problem came from.

8 hours ago, bwheeler123 said:

@Aleš Ulm

At the bottom of your Sneak Peak #45- it says, "Next Friday we’ll return to the upcoming 0.7." Of course, if one was skimming the post- they would come to the conclusion that you meant the 2nd for the release date. I too believed that it was coming out that day as well. But going back, no where does it specify that the update was really being rolled out. No worries though. Longer the better, I'm sure. But I just wanted to let you guys know where the main root of the problem came from.

Ohh, that could have caused the confusion, yeah. It meant "return to talking about the 0.7 features". We'll have to be more careful! :)