Whane The Whip

I call it: Life... and death.

Living and dead art? Okay, not necessarily a "creation". These are some of the players from my DS that I made into a composition and then planted near a mountain. It may seem macabre, but I think it would make a nice painting to display in-game. :D

u4VWRNybQYaIXaw7ZUL3Dw.png

[EDIT] Can't wait for new avatars.

Edited by Whane The Whip
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 2

you need a pit  full of   ex- griefers  remains ... with a   few  bears   at the bottom:D

• Haha 2

holymoly! you have lots of mannequin! xD I hope in the future you can set your own pose while offline.. :D Goddamnit, I just realize, I could be in one of those...

Edited by Velocifer
Realization
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

holymoly! you have lot's of mannequin! xD I hope in the future you can set your own pose while offline.. :D Goddamnit, I just realize, I could be in one of those...

Sadly, I deleted you with the editor lol. That was after you mentioned that the latency was too great. There is also a bug in copying player characters; some of them don't copy well and lose their armor. This is on a single player copy of the DS and I imagine that the DS wouldn't like it very much if someone that I had cloned decided to login again. And this is just a small sample of characters as it's up to 172 guests on last count. There are about 100 that are unaccounted for, I have no idea where they are. After 0.7 is out and I have the new server up, I might revisit this and try to arrange the bodies to make some actual art.

Edited by Whane The Whip
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Energritz_ said:

Just realized i might be in there as well, i recently visited the server though

Then you might. I try not to delete characters unless I know they wont be back, or banned. But I do relocate inactive players that are near spawn or that logged out on someones base. Esp those near spawn because they cause lag and make it harder for new players to login.

Edited by Whane The Whip

31 minutes ago, Jdtriton said:

Very Nice.  Reminds me of a famous painting I seen in a art museum years ago.

The Moaning Lizard?    :P

I'm one of those... prob the guy in full iron facing away from the camera. Capt. Ben Betour.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Araliya said:

5a7744f341f9f_800px-A_Sunday_on_La_Grande_Jatte_Georges_Seurat_1884.png.3dd3546c9edabb78d102370a638fc7cf.png

(that's the one I thought of anyway)

That's the one I was thinking of lol.  I just can not remember the name of it for some reason

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SyxtySyx said:

I'm one of those... prob the guy in full iron facing away from the camera. Capt. Ben Betour.

You are indeed!

21 minutes ago, Jdtriton said:

That's the one I was thinking of lol.  I just can not remember the name of it for some reason

Me neither. The artist is Georges Seurat, and it's his most famous one, I think, so I just remember that.

Like, I looked the thing up 2 hours ago find that image, and I STILL can't remember the name. Sunday at the Something Place with the Frenchword People in the ... Park? That's pretty close, I'm sure of it!

27 minutes ago, Araliya said:

Me neither. The artist is Georges Seurat, and it's his most famous one, I think, so I just remember that.

Like, I looked the thing up 2 hours ago find that image, and I STILL can't remember the name. Sunday at the Something Place with the Frenchword People in the ... Park? That's pretty close, I'm sure of it!

Sunday Afternoon On The Island Of La Grande Jatte sometimes shortened to A Sunday on La Grande Jatte

[EDIT] an island?! :o

Edited by Whane The Whip
  • Thanks 1

WOW this is certainly a collection! i keep a few griefers chained under the Justin Mansion but this is a proper haul of corpses! I need to make some more coffins!

Shouts out to all the TCN players present here and in the thread too! 

• Haha 1

As a side note. When I stand with those avatars behind me and looking away from them, I get 60 fps (I have my fps capped at 60). When I turn to face towards the avatars, my frames drop to 23-25, when I stand in the middle of the avatars, my frames drop to 15-16. This is why I find it critical to be able to remove corpses (without deleting player data) and this is why I use the editor to both delete and move players that are near spawn, deleting players still in underwear and moving others. Even having a graveyard can be bad for anyone that happens upon it and gets hit by frame lag.