Question

I need cotton to get away from my island and harvest everything from the plant on my island. I need the plants to regrow so I slept I guess 7 times but nothing happend.

I stay now on one place for 20 minutes and wait for them to regrow. Kinda eliminates the fun right now about the game. Dont get that wrong, I love the game. But it would be nice if like in minecraft when you sleep the time in the game passes by like you would stand afk and wait. 

Thanks! :)

ps: I eat 3 bananas while writing that.

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Regeneration of farmed/picked items is a requested feature, till then manual planting and harvesting is the only way.

This is more of an issue for MP/Servers than SP

The  firs  time  i arrive i  harvest    enough food  for me to survive  3   Yland says...   and then   another   small amount  to plant   around   my  base area.   When i forage  i don't  take all the  resources ...   just a sample  to use and to replant.  You can see where my base is ...it  is surrounded  by  useful  flora... trees  crops   grasses and  flowers..   my only  concern is  that  someone  might   turn up  and take the lot! ^_^

I try to replant about half of what I take for myself and scatter it around the area so the resource never runs out.

8 hours ago, Energritz_ said:

Regeneration of farmed/picked items is a requested feature, till then manual planting and harvesting is the only way.

This is more of an issue for MP/Servers than SP

I've been under the impression that there is a regrow system already, my Island seems to have been changing actively, I have far more trees than when I started and I've only planted a handful. I've seen the Boars eating mushrooms, Tall Oaks lose limbs and had assumed it was part of the "cleanup" function to prevent the Yland from enveloping itself in an infinite amount of Trees and Bushes.

Maybe I'm imagining things.

17 hours ago, iinRez said:

I've been under the impression that there is a regrow system already, my Island seems to have been changing actively, I have far more trees than when I started and I've only planted a handful. I've seen the Boars eating mushrooms, Tall Oaks lose limbs and had assumed it was part of the "cleanup" function to prevent the Yland from enveloping itself in an infinite amount of Trees and Bushes.

Maybe I'm imagining things.

Fruit tress will respawn fruit at intervals, plants like cotton, flax, etc will not once picked unless planted after breaking down. When you start a new there is also "young" tress generated that are growing, once these mature that's it, unless they are cut then replanted.

• Thanks 1

If you're playing singleplayer, you'll be able to sleep the time away to speed up growing your cotton plants. 

Bananas? Sounds like you're on a rainforest biome. Copper can help you make steam engines for your ship. Each would take 30 iron and 5 copper to make, but if you can tech up to it fast, you can leave the starting biome faster than making tall masts for your ship. 

Many players just make the small boat, or even a raft to leave the island. 

On 2/5/2018 at 3:35 AM, Energritz_ said:

Fruit tress will respawn fruit at intervals, plants like cotton, flax, etc will not once picked unless planted after breaking down. When you start a new there is also "young" tress generated that are growing, once these mature that's it, unless they are cut then replanted.

Hmm strange because the animals eat things so they could theoretically devastate an ecosystem. Perhaps when NPCs interact with plants they're auto replanted or something. Either way I'm really enjoying the amount of thought the Devs are putting into the various systems, I'm all about immersion and reality when it comes to gaming - within reason of course.