Jason Kummerfield

Large ship wont turn

Question

So I finally built myself a large ship and I decided to set it up a little before setting sail. I built a small cabin frame on deck, placed a smelting pit a cooking stove and a small wooden bed. My ship now unable to turn at all. It sails in a straight line forward and backwards. My ship has a large mast and the helm rebuilt at front of ship and if flags show wind direction wind should be at my back.

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

49 minutes ago, Jason Kummerfield said:

So I finally built myself a large ship and I decided to set it up a little before setting sail. I built a small cabin frame on deck, placed a smelting pit a cooking stove and a small wooden bed. My ship now unable to turn at all. It sails in a straight line forward and backwards. My ship has a large mast and the helm rebuilt at front of ship and if flags show wind direction wind should be at my back.

I haven't encountered this issue, though you could try some of the following things.

- Swim underneath your boat and check and see if anything is causing an issue. Sometimes ladders slip down and act like an anchor of sorts, or your ship could have something else causing this behaviour, that can be viewed from underneath.

- Check and ensure that the sails and ship's wheel etc are all on the right way round (it happens!).

- Destroy the ship's wheel and try replacing it (sounds like a steering issue rather than a sails issue)?

- If all else fails, could upload your save file for others to look into (located in your Documents > Ylands > SaveGames folder).

Edited by Ylanders UK Dedicated

Unfortunately I also encountered this bug. The result was that I had to completely destroy my ship and start again :(

Save game and output_log, please? It will help our programmers tremendously :)

• Like 1

Sorry if i bring this thread back to life.

I got the same issue, me and my friend was going on a cruise with our large ship. We noticed right away that something with the steering was of, but it in the end it stopped turning and it just went forward.

I remember placing a table on the ship and then trying to place a computer ontop of the table, right before we sailed away. But the computer just went through the table and the ship..  maybe it has something to do with that? :S

Anyway, i've uploaded the savefile folder and output log:

http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/NY55u6p8/file.html

Hope it helps

//Cheffen

On 12/9/2017 at 8:52 PM, cheffen89 said:

I remember placing a table on the ship and then trying to place a computer ontop of the table, right before we sailed away. But the computer just went through the table and the ship..  maybe it has something to do with that? :S

Almost the exact same thing happened to me, I was sailing around saw a computer in the water so I picked it up and tried to place it on my boat but it just fell through the deck and now I cant turn. I tried using the Editor to manually move my ship but I can't find it and there is no way to search for things 

hi,

i also have the same issue with my ship... i also tried placing a cumputen but it just disappeard and now my ship cant turn anymore. i've tried replacing the steering wheel but it didn't help...

could anyone help me with this?

regards, 

michiel

Can you try opening your Explore save in the Editor and removing that computer you picked up?

I tried that but i couldn't find the computer (in the Editor), i even tried glitching through the boat in "first person view" (in Explore) but i couldn't find the computer. :/