Whane The Whip

The Editor: Coordinate system when spawning entities

When working with triggers in the editor to spawn an entity, defining the position for the entity seems a bit tedious. There is a coordinate system that allows me to express the x,y,z position relative to the trigger, or absolute. Perhaps I'm doing this wrong but I've been placing a copy of the entity as a marker at the location(s) I wish for them to spawn and then clicking that item to get the coords, it looks like this:

o6AMdRj4T_yjQNl6rub-Zw.png

Then I copy each individual coordinate one at a time and paste into the trigger options. Also, this means I'm using absolute positioning and when you are spawning 4 stacks of items at various nearby locations, there is noticable in-game lag compared when the trigger is hit compared to if I spawned the items in relative to the trigger. To do this, I need to not only copy each individual XYZ coord of my marker one at a time, but I also need to do some math to get the offset from the trigger, which is even more time consuming. And looking at the screenshot above, there appears to be a copy/paste icon to the right of the coords which tells me that I should be able to copy all 3 coords at once but nothing I do to interact with that icon seems to do anything.

Am I doing this right or did I miss the efficient way? It seems like I should be able to use the default 0,0,0 coord then drag a spawn indicator to the location I want the item to spawn with a line connecting the entity and the trigger point. At the very least it would be nice if I could get those clipboard icons to work somehow. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Whane The Whip

Hi,

are these steps what you are looking for?

1) RMB click on entity/game logic + store position/store rotation

20180205094957_1.jpg

2) Then copy icons should be active.

20180205095018_1.jpg

• Thanks 1