ComR

Bug - animals "break" when close to food...

Question

Hi,

Few new bugs I've recently found:

1) Animals stop responding, when close to their food. Animals stop to respond and walking animation is still "moving", but animal do not respond anymore. The only exceptions are horses (if you feed these) and wild animals if... you are the food. ;)

2) Wild animals if left in water (If you were chased and leaved them in shallow waters) are doing nothing anymore - but still can chase you if you are close and sleep at nights, but they are no longer wandering around and not looking for food. The same thing with harmless animals, except crabs - if any animal land in water it will not move anymore. Birds are flying in place, bunnies, boars and goats are staying and sleeping in the same place too.

3) Animals still spawn in trees/stones or underground completely (I gess they fell down into the Earth then) or in half...? and then they are stuck in the slopes.

4) Why devs are not reading this forum? I understand they have more imprtant things to do, but it's a bit dissapointed, when I'm playing mostly to write my report and then no one even read it... I think there is someone who reads posts? Yeah, I know there is much to read, but I spent many hours finding bugs and reporting these and noone even responded.. :( And even if Ann responded - I was never informed if bug is officially known or not? I'm sad, because I'm doing my best to help! :(

Folks... Please, upvote posts you find useful - this is the only way devs will see these. 

There was many important posts and important suggestions we would like to hear what Devs think about, but... there was only few people "upvoting", so noone reacted...

Happy Pirating and Have a Nice Cassava Cake! :D

Bartosz

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Is time a factor in any of this? Animals off and stop moving entirely after a few hours go by.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if unresponsive animals are on the official list or not, which seems a bit short IMO. But I can say that all types of animal glitching has been discussed, including unresponsive animals. I see unresponsive animals both in SP and MP but I have noticed that a restart tends to fix the issue on a DS.

3 hours ago, ComR said:

Why devs are not reading this forum? I understand they have more imprtant things to do, but it's a bit dissapointed, when I'm playing mostly to write my report and then no one even read it... I think there is someone who reads posts?

While I can't speak for the Ylands team, I think in many cases, there are a few lurking devs that collect information about bugs that are posted here and then relay that back to the Yteam. While there are two that seem more outspoken than others, on occasion I see other staff member post too, though it is rare. Here was a recent rare sighting. I'm not saying this to impress you, but to impress upon you that your issue will eventually get noticed, especially if others are posting about the same issue too, just keep pressing. In short, the squeaky wheel gets the oil, keep squeaking.  :)

Also, you will find a number of issues getting addressed in the Dev Diary.

• Upvote 1

All issues/suggestions are read, but not all of them get a reply :)

As a general rule, it works best if each individual issue has its own individual thread :)

On 6.02.2018 at 8:47 PM, mid endian said:

Is time a factor in any of this? Animals off and stop moving entirely after a few hours go by.

I realised two things - some animals are "broken" from the start. Not reacting at all - only making sounds. Other animals break in some situations (like eating, for example or being in the water, but it seems there is more and more "broken" animals every hour. Sometimes, after fewe hours most animals are "broken" except sharks and horses which can be "unfrozen" by feeding these.

Dear Ane,

I understand you have not time to response, but it's good to know post are read. I'm usually trying to make separate posts for every issue, but sometimes issues are connected and there is a ton of similar issues (plant problems, animal problems, free placing problems and so on). I thought it's a good idea to sort bugs for you, to not spam forum...

Thanks!

Have a Nice Day!

ComR

• Like 1