Jdtriton

Stone Arches? Any Ideas

Do  any  of the more advanced builders out there have any  ideas as to build  stone arches?  

Until a advanced builder arrive to help, here is a suggestion. Bit rough but I think you should get the idea. Using medium 30 and  45 degree angle corners. Hope this help a bit.

20180207093503_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Silwercastle said:

Until a advanced builder arrive to help, here is a suggestion. Bit rough but I think you should get the idea. Using medium 30 and  45 degree angle corners. Hope this help a bit.

20180207093503_1.jpg

Thank You, that's is exactly what I and trying to accomplish.  I have started a Middle ages village and looking to use some type of arch design in some of the features.  I helps to shave a visual aid to compare with. :)

Using single stones and triangles you could round that top too if you wanted to. 

2 hours ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

I tried some arches too and this worked best for me

5a7b26b790087_2018-01-20(1).thumb.png.23521529d21407594a435392408ebb80.png

Show off! ? but seriously this looks amazing

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, handofthesly said:

Show off! ? but seriously this looks amazing

Just a little bit. :P Thank you! xD

When we are at the building tips already, does anyone know how to change the color of sandstone to represent the stone color? This was the closest (a mixture of blue and grey) I could get to, but I'm not very satisfied with the result. 

I guess you’d need to find the RGB or HEX colour code for the stone blocks by using the colour picker on the paint gun and then replicate them onto the sandstone blocks with the paint gun

5 minutes ago, handofthesly said:

I guess you’d need to find the RGB or HEX colour code for the stone blocks by using the colour picker on the paint gun and then replicate them onto the sandstone blocks with the paint gun

I know, but the sandstone itself leaves a yellowish tint after it's repainted. :S

6 hours ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

I tried some arches too and this worked best for me

5a7b26b790087_2018-01-20(1).thumb.png.23521529d21407594a435392408ebb80.png

Thanks for the tip and well done on the arches.:)