Yep in indeed, the second time i logged into your server it said Sam had killed me... Not sure why.... Hopefully hes not going around attacking people, but did kill my chaeacter as it says who kills you when you log back in...

I am not the murderer! I'm being framed!!!!

Whats your in game name Hurricane? I wasnt even on yesterday O.o

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hurricane43 said:

it was sunday right after he set it up, it was Andrew  

Oh yeah that was totally me >.> I sware that the rest wasnt though!

1 hour ago, Hurricane43 said:

We need a sheriff..... :) Started playing on the server again, and building my home.... :)

Haha, right!

Yes I think some server settings are likely to come in the future, I may well enable PvE mode for the pre-Steam time, if such a setting becomes available!

Sorry for the several wipes over the passed week, was testing a few things (including the power plant), but have since reverted to the traditional surviving / explore mode for the server.

Going to do a stability test this week (or until an update), to see how the server fares after a prolonged period online, so there won't be another wipe during this period unless it becomes mandatory.

Will hop in and come play shortly, I've just got a few jobs to finish first!

Wow... Had an amazing time on the server this Sunday... Logeed on to find a nice little shoveled out area with some nice atarter supplies. 

Met two nice people and I started an underground cave and, my house, a little fishing pier and more....

What a great time, glad to hear you will bave PvE on the server John if thats an option. This game is going to be huge with the many types of players craving for a game like this... 

https://imgur.com/gallery/k1L2p

Edited by Hurricane43
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, silentghoust said:

@John - Ylanders How are you managing the server to even keep it active? Do you just restart it every hour or so? 

Hi there, I ended up buying a second Ylands account (Nexfer), which I use to host a multiplayer session, which I keep logged in on my server host.

I found that the multiplayer sessions were stable, whereas the dedicated server would end up with the freeze thing.

I posted about it in more detail over in the dedicated server issues thread.

Further, I tend to restart the session once per day, this also creates a save that I take a backup of, though, this week I am leaving it online without a break for a stability test.

-

On 15/07/2017 at 10:56 PM, John - Ylanders said:

It seems that the multiplayer way of hosting, does not have the same issue as the dedicated server way of hosting (Freezing up, players unable to connect etc) - further, connecting to the server is much faster with the multiplayer method.

I've bought a second copy of Ylands and have set up a multiplayer server, which I have set to the lowest possible graphics settings and will leave online to see if this is a viable server option.

Worth noting from this then, that it seems the biggest dedicated server issue is purely isolated to the server monitor method of hosting, rather than the hosting itself, and thus could indeed be a bug with the server monitor application, rather than the Ylands.exe.

Any way to make it a simpler command prompt style server, rather than having a good looking UI for the dedicated server? The simplified version seems like a better option for server hosts, maybe possible for the future with Steam anyway.

Hope this info can speed up the hotfix for you guys!

*On a side note, the server (mutiplayer left online) seems to be eating up memory, it was on around 3-4GB used and has been steadily rising for the passed few hours, it is now on 5.5GB used, I think there could be an issue where memory is not being unloaded properly, might be worth looking in to as well.

Keep up the good work

Edited by John - Ylanders