kimbuck

Co-operation, is it becoming contagious? We hope so

Discovered that someone  availed themselves of  my  help  station   during the last  12  hours    well that's what it is there for!¬¬  I replenished the   stove and added some  worn but useful  tools,  and also a sign. Then  whilst wandering around i  discovered a similar   new  help place   established on a  hill ... it  had a similar  sign and  bamboo chests containing  tools and  some  ores  etc   ..and  cotton..

Hope this  keeps up!  co-operation is  more  welcome than  griefing!;)

Screenshots    attached top show   that it  is  actually  happening!

20180208190906_1.jpg

20180208192033_1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

wait a sec, I'm a bit confused. Is there someone establish a public camp on the hill? Not you? Really? Oh dudette.. I hope so, co-operation is a way to get endless real fun and friends. ^_^

• Haha 1

I'm often surprised at the general approach towards a MP game. It seems that a fair % of people only think to use it to grief other players 100% of the time with most players being neutral and waiting to see how others act. On other occasions, someone approaches MP with the idea of helping other people, that is the rarest approach. It's an interesting mindset because IRL I often hear people say "if I had the power to help everyone in the world I would"... a MP game like Ylands is an opportunity to do just that, but for some reason "helping" suddenly gets changed to "how many people can I screw over".

This sounds care-bear, I know. But I do like PvP games a lot, primarily in MMO's with warfare being the objective, but even there one can be supportive of guild-mates.

Nice, you found it! It was my aim to help new comers, especially since some resources can be scarce on spawn now :)

I aim to do this on the new world when Ylands updates to 0.7

Edited by handofthesly
  • Haha 1

@ Handsofthesly ...  did you visit  mine? ... its  further  along  surrounded  by  palm trees and and bamboo ... a small  shelter with a light outside, a stove inside and a couple of wicker baskets with a  flint  and torch etc.  Ideal to weather out a  storm and have a  snack. Its also a good  fishing spot :D ..i  pause there to  catch about  6  and  top up the stove with fuel as well.

By the way,  roasted fish  is a longer lasting meal!

And yes,  i will also be  doing the same  when the 0.7 update arrives^_^

@kimbuck I sure did, and you have a beautiful base! I've been trying to renovate my base but keep running out of patience with it xD

4 hours ago, teej72 said:

For those looking for a good MP experience with out griefing check out Red Eagle's P1 gaming servers. I've had some fun in that group and made some good friends.

Shameless Advertisement? tsk tsk tsk.

• Haha 2

Psst ..anyone  wanna buy a  second hand  boat ?... 0.63 compatible  :D Ideal   for  anyone  not  wanting to move to  0.7 ..B|

• Haha 1

@ handsofthesly ... I  went on a cruise and  brought  back some  flax ... i planted a lot around  my camp and   planted a few near your help  base.  For the  un-initiated, flax is an alternative to cotton^_^

I also discovered a new arrival .  offline  and standing  near a  flint deposit   holding a stone  pick.  Being the   good natured  person i  am (  snort!:P )  i placed nearby   some   iron  tools,  ie  shovel  spade  axe and  knife.

There is a  ship  moored nearby,  and  on the shore was a small  sail boat...but  when i returned on a fishing  trip  i saw it had   turned turtle  ...ie  upside down. screenshot  included   so the owner  can  commiserate..

Spotted a few people  hiding n  holes in the ground..  but  i did not  enter or trespass... Hopefully  they will  awaken  some  time before  the  0.7 event

And for anyone  who  would   try griefing  my base... here is an archery target  opposite  my doorway ...i use it    to keep my crossbow  skills honed:D and to  adjust its  range.

20180209212222_1.jpg

I am on @Baz Foobar's server. He made a nifty crafting station, and several if us have added to it. Someone hooked us up electrical lighting. Someone built the smelting station. I added a paper press with a basket holding writing supplies so maps can be made.

One guy crafted and gave me a minor's hat and propellor. I noticed he was building scads of windows for his house, so I helicoptered in and dropped off more sand. It's way more fun helping than destroying.

Oh  snap!

Looks like  time to move on?   I traveled to another Yland, landed and  after a  brief scout around   t returned to my ship to unload some stuff i found.  The  got dumped out.  When i returned i get the  "oh snap ..etc   message,   died due to unusual circumstances.

No matter what i try i cannot get back to that game...  even to respawn.   the best i see is a black screen with my current  inventory items in the  hotbar..   

Such is life!:(