kimbuck

Host unreachable ..MP game

Question

I Keep  getting   drop outs in my  MP game with the " Host Unreachable" message , and  have to rejoin quite often ... I notice  that is happens when another player(s)   joins ..or leaves the  game.

• Upvote 1

12 replies to this bug / suggestion

Yup, i get that multiple times in a session. Many other people are also experiences the same problem across different servers.

This is what the devs have to say about it: 

On 1/27/2018 at 5:07 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

Also, we have concluded our analysis of "Host unreachable", one of the high-profile critical issues. Even though there can be many causes behind this that we don't have control over, we indeed found a situation where players can get this message and be unable to connect to an MP game. Good news is that it is something that is fixable, but it may take some time. What is going to happen now is this: in 0.7, if this situation happens, you will see a specific error message. If you see it, you'll know that we're to blame and that it's something that you would be getting no matter what port you have opened etc. It's quite obvious, though, that you're more interested in getting a fix than just an indication. We have already started working on it and chances are that in 0.7 you'll find yourself in this situation less often. The complete fix will be released as soon as possible and we'll keep you posted on the progress. This is a very high priority for us.

• Upvote 1

Yes....  :D   Also  the last time i was  there,  i checked to see who was on line  and   it   said "0

Even though i was online , it  didn't indicate it.

Oh well,    patience and persistence   is required ... back to the  work i was doing ...B|

Yes, come join the server discord @kimbuck, we may or may not have cookies :D it's the best place to report issues with the server and chat with the other players directly instead of through the forum

Will see what i can  do  ;-)  at the moment its  risky trying to sail to other  Ylands ..as you could  end up  offline and  floating   amidst the sharks  :D

But i  notice ut happens when  another player either  joins  or  leaves the game.

cookies!  yum !   but  the  caek is a lie:D

Hope to get  discord working as soon as we can find out  where the  springs,  cogwheels and nuts go   in the   computer / monitor:D

I prefer  not   to use voice as  we have a  3  ring  circus   performing in  my house and add to it  the always loud  TV  ( to drown out the neighbors  heavy metal on his  stereo..) plus the other neighbors 3 dogs that think they can sing  to "Lead Zeppelin" ...   you cannot hear yourself  think here ...let alone communicate  via  signal  flags...:/

51 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Hope to get  discord working as soon as we can find out  where the  springs,  cogwheels and nuts go   in the   computer / monitor:D

I prefer  not   to use voice as  we have a  3  ring  circus   performing in  my house and add to it  the always loud  TV  ( to drown out the neighbors  heavy metal on his  stereo..) plus the other neighbors 3 dogs that think they can sing  to "Lead Zeppelin" ...   you cannot hear yourself  think here ...let alone communicate  via  signal  flags...:/

That's ok, I don't use voice chat either, discord is also a text based chat app too. It's just a good way of communicating with the server host if something happens or organising events with other members without the rest of the world seeing here on the forums

Edited by handofthesly

:D Still trying to set it  up  ..its a bit hard when you got  an elderly relative who thinks  every time you are talking "to your self"   ( onthe phone  or  using a  mic) that you are on the 'phone to  a relative and she  shouts  out  maternal instructions  incessantly,  such as  " Tell aunt Doris we will send  her a card next birthday  next month ... ( aunt  Doris passed away 8 years ago...:S ). Technology is way beyond her  but she insists she has to give  advise   direct from  "Thomas Edisons' instruction book of  telephonic courtesy" O.o

Now  you see  why i  like  Ylands  .. it's a great escape :D

Edited by kimbuck

logged out  as it was raining in Ylands ..and  there's a T storm near here...  back in 15  minutes  after  afternoon   caffeine   fix ..:S