Indian Chief

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-8858] Multiplayer Bug

Question

Hey Dev's, not sure if it's been reported or not. But I was playing online with Stoutcrusher. Here's a short video link of what happened.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

18 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hmm interesting find, I also use the propeller pack but have not encountered that "floating hopping" bug.

The "Duplicate" issue is looking more like the server has goes into a "stalled state" the same could be said for the "floating bug"

Is this a Dedi Server or a MP session?

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Energritz_ said:

Hmm interesting find, I also use the propeller pack but have not encountered that "floating hopping" bug.

The "Duplicate" issue is looking more like the server has goes into a "stalled state" the same could be said for the "floating bug"

Is this a Dedi Server or a MP session?

As far as I know, It's a Dedi server. He pays to use the server, maybe resetting the server might fix the issue.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mitch Treader said:

As far as I know, It's a Dedi server. He pays to use the server, maybe resetting the server might fix the issue.

No need to reset, rebooting the server is what you want, unless you want to start from scratch again..

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Energritz_ said:

No need to reset, rebooting the server is what you want, unless you want to start from scratch again..

Yeah that's what I thought. Cheers :)

• Upvote 2

Can you get back to us if the issues are still happening after the reboot? If so, please attach these files: output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data.

• Upvote 3

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

These files are from my personal account, not the server, unless they are connected. After the reboot, we had even more problems...people's Protective Barriers have disappeared. More players are now having connection issues and not able to join in the game. I normally wipe the server and start over. I have done this multiple times in the past 2-3 months. Only once have I ever had a server that I pay for not have this issue. If you need more info let me know, I am now notified of the replies on this thread. I could also make another video and share it to you. Thank you for your time, and take care.

17 hours ago, Ane said:

Can you get back to us if the issues are still happening after the reboot? If so, please attach these files: output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data.

• Upvote 1

These files are from my personal account, not the server, unless they are connected. After the reboot, we had even more problems...people's Protective Barriers have disappeared. More players are now having connection issues and not able to join in the game. I normally wipe the server and start over. I have done this multiple times in the past 2-3 months. Only once have I ever had a server that I pay for not have this issue. If you need more info let me know, I am now notified of the replies on this thread. I could also make another video and share it to you. Thank you for your time, and take care.

~Stoutcrusher

post above (but not yet unlocked) contains the requested files. ~Justin

• Upvote 2

I believe that multiplicity has been fixed! sadly now the characters that perish in multiplayer can select the create new character button, create a character and remain dead, upon logout and return the character can move around as normal and can interact with objects in the game world, but the inventory screen / crafting menu remains totally blank. if one were to fill the entire inventory and perish (and they will because they are unable to eat) they drop the items that they were holding on the ground as per usual. And again and again back to the beach. Propeller packs are particularly glitchy in 0.7 and have terrible rubberbanding now and I do not know if this is the cause of said glitch or if it is a branch of the "falling on the back" glitch that happened to result in death. I was carrying a paintgun when this occurred which no longer can be broken down into ylandium (which I assume is glitched, as characters who join a server more than 20-30 hours old will be unable to experience the lategame as all the ylandium is gone and the mutated animals have been butchered, but there may be a vendor that sells Ydust for gold that i haven't found yet, as that will be the only way to acquire it for characters who join on the second day of a servers life cycle.) I will continue to investigate these things and report back with more information!

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2018 at 8:34 AM, Ane said:

Perfect, thanks!

I'm starting to believe this bug is actually coming from the Propeller Pack. At 2:20 into the video I go over what is happening with the Propeller Pack and what it entails.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

I hope this helps ya'll find it quicker so it can be fixed soon. Thank you.

Edited by StoutCrusher

I'm playing on Stout Crusher's server and I, too, have the propeller pack bug.  I had done some crafting and made myself the underwater breathing helmet and diving gear and was going back to my ship to log out for the night.  I was using the propeller pack to travel to and from the area where I was crafting.  I was seated in a chair on my ship when I had my inventory open and I removed the mining helmet and put on my steel armor helmet.  For aesthetics, I felt my propeller pack was unnecessary so I tried to drag it to my inventory slots.  it wouldn't go.  At this point, I remembered Stout Crusher's first mention of this problem and immediately tried using the pack.  It fails permanently.  I also cannot climb the rope ladders on the side of my ship or control my ship.  I can raise and lower the anchor and take the control stance at my helm (switch from sails to engines and back and even perform the steering animations) but the ship will not respond in any way.  If I release the controls, I immediately sink through the platform I am standing on and have to jump several times to free myself.  I can pilot my old bamboo raft without any issues.

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

• Upvote 1

propeller pack bug just happen to me and my friend too, we're playing in Official server PA 17, please reboot the server if that will fix it. I don't have the logs right now, and my friend is japanese, he can't speak English that well..

So I got the bug first, then 5 minutes later my friend also get that bug. Before it got me, I was trying to "/unstuck 0" because I was stuck in the table, after sitting.

Edited by Velocifer
  • Upvote 1

If you die with multiplayer, a new character will not be born. The screen remains stopped.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DK208 said:

If you die with multiplayer, a new character will not be born. The screen remains stopped.

@DK208 , he is my friend. Let me translate it for you. So here is what happen, server was rebooted after I report my post above, and everything works fine for 15 - 30 minutes. Then later the propeller pack bug come back, @DK208 already use that propeller  pack again when that moment coming. He stuck with that propeller pack. So we decide to try kill him to get the propeller pack and when I finally kill him,  he is disconnected immediately. When he relogin  to the server, the dead screen is show up, but he can't create new character, he said he only saw black screen. On my perspective in other hand, his character is still standing, and he is like phantom, I'm trying to hit him. But no damage effect applied.

[Update] Here is his output_log 

298610_20180219214922_1.thumb.png.4d29ed14f0a32b87db5d4557a22fbf0c.png

Edited by Velocifer
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the detailed info, I'll add it to the issue.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for necro-ing, I just got the propeller bug again at PA 17 but now I can provide the log files. Here you go, maybe you still need more example:

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

Here is story of what happened to me:

My screen (My character and other things) was freeze while I was planting potato. Before my screen freeze, I forgot to take my Propeller Pack(PP) off. I was able to open "Esc" menus, and choose "return to main menu". Rejoin the server somehow fix the freeze issue I got, but I get another problem, my character spinning wildly. I heard from someone (forgot who he is) that if your character spinning wildly, try to go to 1st person camera and it somehow fix the spinning issue. There is still PP bug, I can't take my PP off of my body, and I can't fly with it. Hopefully you can reboot the PA 17, ah its night time there (when I write this post). Oh well, maybe tomorrow(dammit, tomorrow is holiday(?)). Atleast I can still playing even tho it's not easy to paint whole double-layer building without PP. Thanks.. :)

I  encounter this  spinning thing  whenever i am in an area where  i am to close to the  collision physics  of a scripted moving  object... eg   ships  bow ..  and  horses sometimes.

Could  this be  an explanation?  avatar  physics  colliding/meshing  with an objects  physics?O.o