stealerr

Ship using old save file

Question

Was playing with some friends in multiplayer, i am the host.

All of a sudden one of my friends start seeing our ship as the state it was in a few weeks ago. Relogging did nothing, only closing steam and restarting the game worked. Later this even happened for me the host, but my friends were still able to see the ship, and interact with chests. I decide to try and restart the hosted game, and when we logged back in, all of us had the old ship.

The bug started happening once we had explored some caves and had unloaded the ship. Hope this helps you in some way.

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Sounds like it @Energritz_, could it be caused by Steam sync? I don't really know if that would be the case, but when you don't properly quit the game, the Steam always do sync on my machine.

I turned steam sync off, as it's known to cause issues with some games..

@stealerr You're best bet is to load the game in the editor, if you are still on the same yland as when you started, once in the edior you can

move around like how you are in game, find the ship and see if it looks any different.. if so then a forced rollback probably happened.

If its recent, then a sync error might have occurred within the MP game, all i can say is backup you're saves if playing MP in future, to safeguard yourself.