Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Another "almost funny bug" which can be reason of my crashes...

Question

Hi,

Well, I cannot play Ylands normal way, so I'm testing different possibilities and different "if"... And today I realised one more thing. Game in my case in 99% crashes when I'm crafting furniture on ship, or ship is close to me. I realised that game do not crash if I do not look around just after loading my savegame. Because last time Ylands started to crash constantly after I tried to place new bed on my ship I decided to try rather very silly idea. I must say - I was lucky, because gamehaven't autosave everything and my bed and two small "wooden tables - containers" were not there also. I decided to try what will happen if I hit "place stove" and immediatelly turn around and jump off the ship?

So, I placed the stove and jumped off the ship as fast as I could and swim as far as I could not looking back. Game hasn't crash... But for any case, I run so far, so I couldnt see my ship anymore and few "hours" later I slowly returned. Stove was on place and game hasn't crash! So, I decided to build blacksmith... but I was there... Game crashed "as usual". So, I realoaded my world and tried the same trick - I placed blacksmith station and immediatelly jumped into the water... Game hasn't crash once again! Then I did the same trick with furnance - game hasn't crash yet again...

So, in my case, after certaing progres, after 30-50 hours of play my game crashes when I'm placing objects on my ship. And bricks do not crash the Game, but all furnitures/stations/mashines/beds - do. Any idea what can it be?

With Regards,

ComR

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

Ships are an object that contain a script. The objects that have been crashing you after you add them to the ship are also scripted.

I can only think that possibly these scripts are not getting along. This leads me to believe that your ship's file or script has been corrupted in some way.

I don't know much about this game's mechanics, but from what I have dealt with in other games, these are my thoughts on the matter.