Ane

0.7: Cheerful Characters (14/02/2018)

9 hours ago, oddbuilds said:

so far: ylandium engines don't receive charges from a charging station.

Mm I'm not sure I follow. This list contains fixes made in the 0.7 update, if you find bugs that are not on this list, it means they weren't fixed, so please report them in the Bugs section as usual :)

25 minutes ago, REDisDEAD2032 said:

nice addition ! so to meet some npc i have to start a new explorer game ? right ?

It says in the post that you need to create a new explore map OR download the composition from the workshop and use the editor to place it into an existing 0.6 world

” It is now possible to find NPCs(mostly to trade with) in the newly created Explore games. However, NPCs can be setup to perform much more - you can check out some of them acting as quest-givers in the updated Wild West game available through our Workshop. If you want to have at least some NPCs in your current Explore game, you will, at least, be able to get a vendor NPC Composition from the Workshop and put it in your game through the Editor.”

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! :)

There are two larger issues we're aware of:

* the vendor we uploaded to Workshop could damage your Explore games in some cases (this isn't a new bug, it just revealed an older one that happens when anyone tries to place composition containing game logics into existing game). The vendor has been removed until this is resolved

* we became aware that it still can be possible to paint things in other players' barriers in some situations. We know the reason and are working on the fix.

Both of these issues should be fixed with a hotfix we plan to release today or tomorrow.

Nice update!

However i still experienced an item in my inventory moving outside the inventory in SP.

And tbh i am abit sad that potions got nerfed, it is really hard on most islands to farm magic dust. And i liked being able to use the craftsman potion as an alternative to building 10 furnaces (Prettier base). Hope for this change to get reverse at some point :-)

1 hour ago, Aleš Ulm said:

anyone tries to place composition containing game logics into existing game

Oh wait a sec.. so my japanese house wasn't work when they put it in their current game? xD

I'm not sure what exactly your japanese house contains :) If it's just game objects then it's definitely fine. If, however, it contains game logic objects (things like listeners, trigger zones etc.) then it could up until now result in some undefined states, leading potentially to corruption of the saved game. It is possible we'll support even this in future but for now with the upcoming hotfix we will be removing all the game logic objects found inside Compositions whenever anyone tries to place them in an active game (using those in the scenario you're creating for you or others to play is safe).

@Aleš Ulm yeah it contain listener, trigger zone, time trigger.. oh well then I will update the info in workshop, thanks for the info. ^_^

Оооо, спасибо, ребята, за новую версию с кучей новых фич и фиксов! Вы - молодцы!

Edited by OxEED
Переформулировка )

Thanks. Once we release the hotfix this shouldn't be a problem anymore - those who try to place it in their active Explore games will be notified that there some game logics were removed from it and for others it will work as intended. This is just a quick fix - we obviously need to handle this in some better way. Thanks for your understanding :) 

No worries, I just update the composition's info, so all is well. :D I just hope all who already subscribed to my composition read those info.. :P so won't make their save file corrupt.. :ph34r:

Ok, several major bugs have not been addressed, such as the map being erased after a relog in multiplayer.  Also, moving on ships still teleport you in the water or other parts of the ship.

There are other bugs that were not resolved, and new ones, such as:

- Eating your equipment is still there.

- Flying with the propeller pack is jerky. Movement is like stop and go.

- Hitting with melee weapons is clunky, some hits don't seem to register. While in 3rd person view you could be hitting what is behind you and not in front of you.

- Getting disconnected with 114 network error.

- A tomahawk I purchased form a vendor dissapeared while I was hitting a hyena.

- Things dissapear from your inventory, like maps, and there is an empty spot but your inventory is reported as full.

- The map is not working properly. It won't fill in big patches while exploring.

And other things. I will try to post to bugs subforum also.

• Upvote 1

Update: 15/02/2018

Version: 0.7.45057

• Game logic objects are now removed from compositions placed in saved active games
  • Fixed players being able to paint objects in other player's protection barriers under some circumstances
  • [Editor] NPC can now act as a vendor even without having any waypoint assigned
  • Thanks 1

A suggestion I've got: Can we please have vending machines that we can craft and place, that can do trades for us? It should have an owner's inventory, who can then set up the trades available for as long as stock lasts so other players can buy and sell stuff from you :) 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

A suggestion I've got: Can we please have vending machines that we can craft and place, that can do trades for us? It should have an owner's inventory, who can then set up the trades available for as long as stock lasts so other players can buy and sell stuff from you

I have seen those feature, I think it's used in E** Global Survival :P. Upvote ^_^

1 minute ago, Velocifer said:

I have seen those feature, I think it's used in E** Global Survival :P. Upvote ^_^

There's far more games that use it and it works awesome! In Rust it works and I've had a few minecraft mods that had them.

Just now, WijkagentAdrie said:

There's far more games that use it and it works awesome!

yeah its! Store can always open while we're offline, as long as the stock is enough.

So, the recent hotfix disabled game logics being placed in saved games. Is this the hotfix mentioned earlier, or is it happening later on? If so, how long can we expect the actual fix to be available? 

After several disconnects with 114 error, I now cannot get on the server. Have "unable to connect message".

14 hours ago, Ane said:

Mm I'm not sure I follow. This list contains fixes made in the 0.7 update, if you find bugs that are not on this list, it means they weren't fixed, so please report them in the Bugs section as usual :)

i'm not talking about a something that wasn't fixed with 0.7, but a change that was introduced with 0.7 that isn't on the list.  from your posts i get that the list should be treated as complete and any change that isn't mentioned is unintended and therefore a new bug. so basically my question is answered. thank you.

Edited by oddbuilds
  • Like 1

I'm enjoying the quality of life fixes in the inventory (recently learned, recently crafted and suggested), those alone add immensely to the game. 

8 hours ago, Vilos Cohaagen said:

I'm enjoying the quality of life fixes in the inventory (recently learned, recently crafted and suggested), those alone add immensely to the game. 

agree it's a nice and more intuitive addition 

15 hours ago, mid endian said:

So, the recent hotfix disabled game logics being placed in saved games. Is this the hotfix mentioned earlier, or is it happening later on? If so, how long can we expect the actual fix to be available? 

Hi,

placing game logic objects into save games was never supported. Unfortunately it was possible to place them semi-broken with compositions. You should not be able to create or manipulate with game logic in existing game.

Now we do not plan to add this feature any soon.

Actually to be as clear as possible -  putting things in an active Explore game through the Editor is something that we plan to disable when we move out of Early Access (again - active Explore games only, not active games in general). It makes sense for now because there are still quite enough bugs and some features are missing / don't work as expected. All this should be fixed before we leave Early Access and new features (one very important is actually coming in 0.9) will make this unnecessary. We want the Explore mode to be challenging (especially when we add boss characters and new worlds) and being able to simply edit your saved game at any point goes against that :). 

That being said it might be possible in future to place compositions into non-Explore active games, but it's not and easy task and just as my colleague said, it's very low on our list of things to do.

• Like 1