Ane

0.7: Cheerful Characters (14/02/2018)

On 2018-02-14 at 11:54 PM, Maqqea said:

- When looking on the map on the large ship the toon falls through the boat ending up in "limbo".

Hit S and let the ship come to full stop before leaving the helm to look at the map and the toon/avatar wont fall through the earth (at least not as often).

I'm sorry it might not be the correct place to post bug, but alchemy bug is pretty crucial  and this place got faster attention.. xD

I made alchemy table on top of platform at my base which is at the middle of sea, out of nowhere. I want to craft "craftsman potion" with quinoa + magic dust, but system said "missing required material". Quinoa isn't in herb bag, it's in my inventory(all of them). The amount for both Quinoa and magic dust is enough. What else I need to craft those..

j1KxDo2DX9GNLjyj9ywwshLMSX6deAKRKphvM0MP

1 hour ago, Velocifer said:

I'm sorry it might not be the correct place to post bug, but alchemy bug is pretty crucial  and this place got faster attention.. xD

Hi, sorry to hear that. We found that unfortunately alchemy table uses only one item stack drag and dropped inside the slot. So with max stack of Quinoa you are unable to craft it. Using grain (max stack is 50) should work. Thank you for your screenshot, it really helped to find out where the problem was!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Houp said:

placing game logic objects into save games was never supported. Unfortunately it was possible to place them semi-broken with compositions. You should not be able to create or manipulate with game logic in existing game.

Now we do not plan to add this feature any soon.

Thanks for clarifying that, I've been curious myself if this would be a future feature or not. I've been working with triggers and paranoid about getting them all right before I launch my 0.7 DS because I know any error with a trigger will mean a wipe when I go back to fix it. Also, thanks for adding the warning in the editor when generating a new world over a current save. In fact there are quite a few improvements and fixes that I've been looking forward to, except for one (pb in the editor) but it's a very good update and I see that I'm going to need to edit my list of issues and wishlist.

I am curious if anyone else is experiencing a much longer load up time for Ylands... I get a black screen for a very long time before the Ylands menu pops up. I don't see it as a bug, just curious if anyone else is getting that or not.

Edited by Whane The Whip

50 minutes ago, Houp said:

Hi, sorry to hear that. We found that unfortunately alchemy table uses only one item stack drag and dropped inside the slot. So with max stack of Quinoa you are unable to craft it. Using grain (max stack is 50) should work. Thank you for your screenshot, it really helped to find out where the problem was!

I hope we can react twice.. Thanks for the response and solution. I like it!

Edited by Velocifer

13 minutes ago, Whane The Whip said:

I am curious if anyone else is experiencing a much longer load up time for Ylands... I get a black screen for a very long time before the Ylands menu pops up. I don't see it as a bug, just curious if anyone else is getting that or not.

yes I got the same black screen at start. it can go up to 2 minutes probably.. I'm Ok with it, so to play in multiplayer I need atleast 5 minutes to join from start. :PxD

[update] oops sorry double post.. :ph34r:

Edited by Velocifer

Ref: [Editor] Added "Despawn" action to remove an entity

Has anyone figured out how to call this action into play? I can't seem to find it.

7 minutes ago, Whane The Whip said:

Ref: [Editor] Added "Despawn" action to remove an entity

Has anyone figured out how to call this action into play? I can't seem to find it.

Hi, "Perform action with an entity" and "despawn" is what you are looking for. Difference between despawn and disintigrate is that disintegrate will play sound + particle and it does not work on indestructable objects.

• Thanks 3

Update: 19/02/2018

Version: 0.7.45151

• It came to our attention that the Unity version used with the 0.7 update sends anonymous HW analytics data to Unity devs by default. This feature is now disabled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2018 at 3:15 PM, FreeProgrammer said:

Выделенный сервер после обновления не запускается

Error.jpg

That looks like a Windows 95 Error... This game will certainly not run on old versions of Windows.... or any computer older than like 4 years.

5 hours ago, SyxtySyx said:

That looks like a Windows 95 Error... This game will certainly not run on old versions of Windows.... or any computer older than like 4 years.

Windows 2003 x64. Before the upgrade was a dedicated server Ylands 6.x

4 minutes ago, gandjay said:

missed the removal of samurai armor in the changelog.

They don’t mention every change they make which is unfortunate because it means I miss stuff to change on the wiki and don’t know until someone mentions it here on the forums. On the other hand it would make the post very long!

Samurai armor was removed in 0.6 by the way

Edited by handofthesly

1 minute ago, handofthesly said:

They don’t mention every change they make which is u fortunate because it means I miss stuff to change on the wiki and don’t know until someone mentions it here on the forums. On the other hand it would make the post very long!

they also said to comment which ones they missed.  also, quick reply!  i thought the forums were more inactive!

Just now, gandjay said:

they also said to comment which ones they missed.  also, quick reply!  i thought the forums were more inactive!

I’m on here most of the time except for when I’m working, but I do pop on for my lunch breaks!

• Like 1

Update: 05/03/2018

Version: 0.7.45788

• Resolved issue where unloading part of a world with a character attached to a chair or a bed on client would result in a disconnect with error 114.
  • Substantially reduced the amount of time the server freezes for after a new client joins session at the cost of it taking longer to join sessions with large worlds.
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ane said:

Update: 05/03/2018

Version: 0.7.45788

• Resolved issue where unloading part of a world with a character attached to a chair or a bed on client would result in a disconnect with error 114.
  • Substantially reduced the amount of time the server freezes for after a new client joins session at the cost of it taking longer to join sessions with large worlds.

Thanks Ane - we're up and running with the new patch and will let you know how it works out!  You weren't kidding about taking longer to join sessions with large worlds, a small price to pay though.

14 hours ago, Baz Foobar said:

Thanks Ane - we're up and running with the new patch and will let you know how it works out!  You weren't kidding about taking longer to join sessions with large worlds, a small price to pay though.

How long are we talking about? :)

looks  at a piece of  string and wonders how long it is .....:D

On 2/16/2018 at 9:54 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

We want the Explore mode to be challenging (especially when we add boss characters and new worlds) and being able to simply edit your saved game at any point goes against that :). 

I really appreciate the fact that you guys are planning to make it challenging, cause I gotta admit that at the moment it is not challenging at all... struggling to survive is fixed within a couple of minutes (there is no thirst to worry about and food is in high abundance) and the "enemies" are just a few, I mean you really gotta look for them to create some action.

I would have love to be able to add game logic to a saved games  in order to add spawn triggers and make the game more difficult and add some action (e.g. scatter around the island multiple trigger zone to spawn mummies when entered and exited by any entity so that the map get populated by enemies :D).

I know that this can be done within a scenario but the terrain in the editor are nothing like an explore map and are bounded to one type of biome (you may miss a key material like rubber) and just a maximum of 5 islands.

That being said, I didn't mean to complain xD I love the game and its potential! I just wish that your vision is gonna take fully shape as soon as possible.

You guys are doing a great job, especially for the excellent communication whit the community!

• Upvote 1