V-Alfred

RESOLVED [YLD-8941] I'm immortal in Official MP Server

Question

Here is another story from my early playthrough after Cheerful Characters update in official MP server. First of all, I don't know how it happen, 1 thing that I'm sure, my internet connection is not stable, it often have lots of RTO after 30-40 minutes. (My ISP have problem, I think)

So I've been building my base at the middle of seas. Just like usual, placing blocks by blocks, fishing, eating(bug for eat non-edible stuff still there, if you scroll at the middle of eating animation), creating stuff. While doing those, I got "Connection Time Out" which ofcourse kick me from the server. ¬¬ Then after my internet running fine again, I'm continue playing in that server.

At that moment, I realized, my heart(Health point) is yellow just like when you equip "the mighty cube" but without cube logo beside it. Then I decide to go to the cave in nearby island to test it out. I'm indeed become immortal! @&!(@&$^!! I said.. :o God give me such a mighty power! or it's a curse.. xD I don't need to eat, I can breath underwater without the mask, my health never goes down(didn't try to falling damage yet).

For me it's kinda fun to become immortal, but I'm afraid if someone who can't handle the responsibility get this mighty power, that's why I'm reporting this.
I swear to all Ylands Gods that exist 9_9, I won't become griefer by using this power. 

If you want to do something, please don't reset my character in the server, because I don't like not being able to access my own stuff. I lock all of my chest, doors, boats, ship, and placed the PB. I'm afraid if you reset my character, I don't have all my old keys, and I will lost my access to my PB.. Hope you can do something for it. Thanks.

For some reason, my Ylands game doesn't update/generate the output_logs. I deleted my old output_logs long time ago. So I don't have the logs now.. :(

Here is the gif for proof, sorry my machine doesn't strong enough to record video while playing game:

qFJMtwD_GiSRF_hSTb1Wuja8oT0eFTG1HUfwYAQB

• Haha 1

17 replies to this bug / suggestion

[update] I test to jump from atleast 20+ blocks high(not sure, I jump from cliff inside the cave), and my health not going down or even trigger falling animation, so I'm totally immortal just like when equip "the mighty cube".

PS I forgot the actual name of that cube, so I just call it "the mighty cube".. :D

Mm if it happens again (and you've got the files), can you attach them, please?

Not sure our testers would be able to reproduce it otherwise.

2 hours ago, Ane said:

Mm if it happens again (and you've got the files), can you attach them, please?

I have another problem, something is going on with my Operating System. The game don't want to generate the logs. I've planning to reinstall the OS and redownload the game later this week. Hope that can fix my logs problem. I'll attach the logs if that generated.

Edited by Velocifer

@Ane Did you guys managed to fix my cursed character "the immortality"? I just relog to the server PA 17, and my health is back to red! I don't know what to react.. I feel sad but relief at the same time.. xD298610_20180222004440_1.thumb.png.17b83f36d37c596914370a2465a88dd6.png

Mm as far as I know, our testers were still trying to reproduce it, so let's call it a miracle ?

Indeed miracle.. O.o I will update and upload log files if the curse is come back.

Alright, the curse is come back... What in the world is happening to my character... Now I have the logs. Here is what I was doing, first I'm trying to connect PA 17 and got timeout while still at loading scene "downloading server data"  which ofcourse "Connection Timed Out" notification pop up. Then second try, I'm successfully get in to the world, but my "immortal curse" is come back. I think you can see that in the log aswell, I still don't know the cause of my "immortal".

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

298610_20180222174333_1.thumb.png.7ce992308ef0b38e792ca47569f4b524.png

I had this behavior also on my dedicated server. I was wondering why my buddy was dying so easily only to find out I was immortal. Didn't even notice it until the propeller pack would not fly and I tried to get killed to respawn and try again. Nothing would kill me and the hearts never went down. I did a /killme and that fixed both problems on respawn. Unfortunately we have started a new session since then so I have no data to give. I would get the indicator to eat and that I was cold or hot. Pretty sure my O2 indicator was going down while underwater also. Never took any damage though.

I know this is thread from Feb. But I have got the same problem in the game. This Immortality curse. Somehow appeared on me. 

I have also attached my output log. And this happened after few days of playing in the Multiplayer Cloud game. As I am the host.

output_log.zip

• Haha 1

yeah, it's happening to me too.  I'd like to know how to remove this invulnerable state, and if there's something I can do on another's server.

We've received many reports on this issue. We're looking into it!

Are you able to say what exactly you were doing when this happened? Were you in the protective barrier? Did you sleep? Did you lose internet connection or got a crash?

On 07/01/2019 at 6:25 PM, Ane said:

Are you able to say what exactly you were doing when this happened? Were you in the protective barrier? Did you sleep? Did you lose internet connection or got a crash?

Hmmh, if I remember correctly my character was standstill in protective barrier, and when I'm connecting to the server, my network isn't stable (checked cmd ping on windows, got couple RTO while downloading server data).

• Thanks 1

I am having the same curse, but in singleplayer, this just destroy the survival, no hunger or damage. I dont know when i get this curse, but i think that there is relation with the protective barrier

Thank you for the attention

Sorry for my english!

We are aware of this issue, we're looking into it! We noticed it can be related to the protective barrier and to sleeping. Did you go offline while being inside your protective barrier, by any chance?

For me it does happened in protective barrier as well, when I was trying to connect to friend who has started the "cloud" game.

This should be fixed in the 0.12 update :)

• Upvote 1