ch0celite

Moving NPCs via action?

I'm not sure whether it isn't possible or if I'm doing something wrong, but I want an NPC to physically walk across a room. I've tried using waypoints to get them to move but they just teleport.

12 hours ago, ch0celite said:

I'm not sure whether it isn't possible or if I'm doing something wrong, but I want an NPC to physically walk across a room. I've tried using waypoints to get them to move but they just teleport.

Hello, I'm trying to figure it out too. If you want to make NPC walk aimlessly, you can set them to loiter(make sure you set large enough sphere/block zone). I still can't figure it out "how we make NPC physically walking from waypoint to waypoint", someone who know more, please let us know too.

Edited by Velocifer

2 hours ago, Velocifer said:

Hello, I'm trying to figure it out too. If you want to make NPC walk aimlessly, you can set them to loiter(make sure you set large enough sphere/block zone). I still can't figure it out "how we make NPC physically walking from waypoint to waypoint", someone who know more, please let us know too.

I've not had a chance to play with the  0.7 editor yet, however is it possible to set loiter and waypoint, in theory they could loiter there way to waypoints :)

Edited by Energritz_

Just now, Energritz_ said:

I've not had a chance to play with the  0.7 editor yet, however is it possible to set loiter and waypoint, in theory they could loiter there way to waypoints

yes I thought so, if they can loiter and walking around. There must be someway to set them walking to the path. ;) just need to find it and aware of the features.. :D

It is not possible at this point :) (and it looks like it's not planned for any time soon)

• Like 1

thank you @Ane. You're just like a light at the middle of darkness! I've been spinning my head around, thinking how to make that happen..

I love this game and I really want it to succeed but not allowing NPC free movement (between 2 points) is a serious limitation in my opinion.  There are countless interactions that will not be possible because of that.  Will this also be the case for non-friendly NPCs?

10 minutes ago, Seito-7f815597a5e33528 said:

Will this also be the case for non-friendly NPCs?

human  non-friendly NPCs will come after combat being improved they said. And the animal is always in loiter mode I think. 

My guess is when NPCs can attack and react to other entities, they'll have options in the editor to path find their way around the world.

11 minutes ago, mid endian said:

My guess is when NPCs can attack and react to other entities, they'll have options in the editor to path find their way around the world.

yep, and I will wait that moment.. this game is gonna be epic!

First iteration of new mechanics can be underwhelming, but the devs are pretty active. I'm sure we'll also have other missing features from Scenario editor. The hotfix basically stripped the addition of custom NPCs for exploration games, and player made features that rely on game logics. 

Kinda feels like a step back. . . .

Edited by mid endian

31 minutes ago, mid endian said:

Kinda feels like a step back. . . .

lol xD the hot fix is to prevent your save game getting corrupted. It's better to step back than you can't play your old save game again right? :D

Edited by Velocifer
  • Upvote 1

Truly, bug squashing is an ongoing problem. We'll have more fun things to try out in future patches. 

• Like 1

My SP is spawning two identical  NPCS in each location. They have identical offerings.

51 minutes ago, bb cakes said:

My SP is spawning two identical  NPCS in each location. They have identical offerings.

Seems to be a problem in MP as well, I've noticed.