Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #27

Hey there, fellow ylanders!

This Dev Diary will be rather short because, as you may know, this week we've released the 0.7 "Cheerful Characters" update along with a video Dev Diary summarizing the most important features. In case you missed it you can watch it here:

There's actually MUCH more in 0.7 than what we mention in the video (other new features, 120+ issues fixed), so you may want to check the full changelog.

At this moment there are just a few things I'd like you to know about the upcoming update 0.8 "Meaningful Music"

There will be more than just the music, but it is true that 0.8 won't be as feature-rich as 0.7 was. It's because some of the features we're working on are rather complex and need more time than what we have before 0.8 is released, and so they will be released along with 0.9 (just to make sure this doesn't start the hype train, I'll say that these features we'll introduce in 0.9 have nothing to do with the new world expansion, which is planned for a later date :)  ).

As always, there will be a lot of fixes. The two issues that we hope to fix in 0.8 that we feel deserve to be named above the others are the MP map issue and severe lag/game getting frozen every few minutes because of the autosave.

That's it for now. There will once again be a usual Dev Diary posted next Friday, so until then, as always, have a great time ylanders, and stay classy!

WW_screen15.png

P.S.  In case you haven't played the updated Wild West game available through our Workshop, give it a try. Not only will you see what is now possible to do with the NPCs but, more importantly, Jasper is always happy to meet someone he can talk to :) 

• Like 2

6 hours and still no reply, I guess everyone is busy playing 0.7 :D The new update is very good overall, making the game a lot more fun and playable. I'm also very happy with the garage doors!

A few questions for future updates:

Is there any news about barriers? What about vehicle protection and ways to craft/obtain more barrier generators?

Adrie

3 hours ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

6 hours and still no reply, I guess everyone is busy playing 0.7 :D

lol, yeah :D. I'm totally forgot the day.. All in my mind is about NPCs. "Find the NPCs, kidnap them, be friend with them, and never let them go" xD

9 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

P.S.  In case you haven't played the updated Wild West game available through our Workshop, give it a try. Not only will you see what is now possible to do with the NPCs but, more importantly, Jasper is always happy to meet someone he can talk to :) 

wait a sec.. There is Jasper?! O.o I didn't find him before. xD I've been playing on DS since the update, everything seems working fine now. Thanks Ylands team.

Have a nice weekend guys!

I don't really expect too many people to visit this particular post since most have seen the video dev diary through FB/Twitter or on Steam forums :)

Barrier: To be perfectly honest designing the barrier to work on ships and cars that wouldn't lead to potential exploits and/or have negative effect on other gameplay elements (such as naval battles) has proven to be more difficult than originally expected. We know that many players have chosen to use ships as their homes so having this feature is still very relevant but it will probably take some more time. Actually the next Friday I'm planning to discuss some of our plans in details and I'll be touching this subject as well.

Thanks guys a have nice weekend as well! :)

1 hour ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Barrier: To be perfectly honest designing the barrier to work on ships and cars that wouldn't lead to potential exploits and/or have negative effect on other gameplay elements (such as naval battles) has proven to be more difficult than originally expected. We know that many players have chosen to use ships as their homes so having this feature is still very relevant but it will probably take some more time. Actually the next Friday I'm planning to discuss some of our plans in details and I'll be touching this subject as well.

yes I do understand the potential exploits that can happen. They(mobile home player) better to learn loving stationary home. :P 

I just hope that all kind of current vehicles are bug free first. There are many cases, for example: In MP, ships is simply dangerous thing for travelling together with friends. While the ship is moving, you and your friends are only safe if they sit down or controlling something(the helm) which is works fine, but would awesome if we can moving around on ship while ship is moving. I understand that it may caused by latency(which is not a bug, I think), it also happens in many other full released games. That's just my  hope. :)

I wish you guys can figure it out how it should works in the future.

Edited by Velocifer