renderin

Intra-Island Causeway

A drawbridge!? Could this become a thing? I would love to see those in the game eventually. I’d love to have one across a big moat to a castle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, handofthesly said:

A drawbridge!? Could this become a thing? I would love to see those in the game eventually. I’d love to have one across a big moat to a castle.

With the new large wooden doors you sure can :) They aren't big enough for large ships, but they certainly allow for a canal for a normal boat :) 

5 hours ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

How are you gonna get your sail ships around this? :D 

Since I am playing single player I will just consider the two islands connected, But I had thought about raising a section for that purpose. the entire structure will be suspended by floating platforms without any other supports.Image result for rainbow bridge port arthur texas

The 23 mile crossing of the Chesapeake Bay solved this by installing tunnels along the bridge crossings wherever a shipping lane existed.

bridgeundertroubledwaters.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2018 at 10:15 PM, SyxtySyx said:

The 23 mile crossing of the Chesapeake Bay solved this by installing tunnels along the bridge crossings wherever a shipping lane existed.

bridgeundertroubledwaters.jpg

Sorry, I did not mean to  down vote this..I DID consider a tunnel from one island to the next but decided to do this...

• Haha 1

The hovering causeway with new ship channel section is complete, bringing HIGH speed transport of resources from our nearest southern neighbor. Next project lighted navigation buoys.

Ylands 2_26_2018 7_09_16 PM.png

• Like 1