Alenea

RESOLVED [YLD-8972] OAuth Login: code -1 api message: cannot connect to destination host

Question

Hello, I had submitted this problem to "support", was given suggestions but it didn't work.  Can someone please help me with this?  When logging into the game this message pops up.

"OAuth Login: code -1 api message: cannot connect to destination host"

15 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

can you tell me exactly what steps you're taking when this happens?  You press Play in your Steam client and this message pops up? Is it still happening? Thanks.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2018 at 3:42 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

Hi,

can you tell me exactly what steps you're taking when this happens?  You press Play in your Steam client and this message pops up? Is it still happening? Thanks.

Yes when I press play I get this error. 

At first I thought it could be caused by the firewall or antivirus but since you tried turning them off and it didn't help I'm at loss as to what could be causing it. Can you try reinstalling the game completely? (uninstall and install it again) Just as Velocifer said this could happen from time to time but it's usually something that doesn't last long and gets fixed by itself. This is the first time we see it as an permanent issue...

8 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

At first I thought it could be caused by the firewall or antivirus but since you tried turning them off and it didn't help I'm at loss as to what could be causing it. Can you try reinstalling the game completely? (uninstall and install it again) Just as Velocifer said this could happen from time to time but it's usually something that doesn't last long and gets fixed by itself. This is the first time we see it as an permanent issue...

exactly like I was thinking, more than that, Alenea was using A**ra antivirus which I had bad experience with that antivirus. I told @Alenea, to uninstall that antivirus, reboot the computer and launch the Ylands, but he/she said the game still stuck there. Can the log tell something about it? Since I don't know what software were installed in her/his PC, so there are a lot of possibility..

Edited by Velocifer

17 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Hi Ales

I have given Ane a very lengthy message outlining my problem.  Please refer to her?  I didn't paste here as there is a lot of personal data.  I'll keep you guys posted or perhaps Ane can post a reply here.  BTW, I had also tried uninstalling the game once and the error was still there.

Alenea

Hello I'm back ^_^ I'm successfully reproduce my problem "Cannot resolve destination host", which is makes me lead to DNS problem, either my LAN card or router that causing it. Here is my logs;

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

@Alenea sent her/his log to me, and after I look into it, it has similarity with my logs. Here is what I did before getting this error "Cannot resolve destination host", unplug my internet cable and plug it in again. The symptom seems similar, Steam says connected but I can't open any website (Youtube, Google). From the log, I think the game successfully have token and send it to bistudio, but the response said error. To fix my error, I need to restart my computer. So my guess is something caused by Alenea connection, it could be port that blocked/closed, or proxy, or something else.. I'm not an expert at networking.. xD

Same problem. Cant login into to game.Play only single player (survive).

output_log.txt

my save: output_log.txt

Everything was fine before hour ago.

298610.rar

Aleš Ulm: "You press Play in your Steam client and this message pops up? Is it still happening?"

Yes just press play in steam client and i have this message on my monitor.

edit: grr .. everything is OK now .. look its happen sometimes :(

Edited by Vokurka

Just to update current OP's condition.

@Alenea said, "Hello Velocifer, Dominik, Ane and Ales Ulm… new update: I totally forgot that this laptop had a another firewall called ZoneAlarm. I thought to give it a try in uninstalling it and it worked! Problem has been resolved and our daughter is back in the business of enjoying this wonderful game! Thanks so much for your patience and help. Hope others will learn from our mistakes. Cheers all!"

Note: OP's problem is solved, if you have this problem permanently try to look out for firewall/protection/network software, disable/uninstall it, then try to launch Ylands. As Ales Ulm said, this problem usually will not be permanent, keep trying.. :D

• Like 1

On 3/4/2018 at 12:08 PM, V-Alfred said:

Just to update current OP's condition.

@Alenea said, "Hello Velocifer, Dominik, Ane and Ales Ulm… new update: I totally forgot that this laptop had a another firewall called ZoneAlarm. I thought to give it a try in uninstalling it and it worked! Problem has been resolved and our daughter is back in the business of enjoying this wonderful game! Thanks so much for your patience and help. Hope others will learn from our mistakes. Cheers all!"

Note: OP's problem is solved, if you have this problem permanently try to look out for firewall/protection/network software, disable/uninstall it, then try to launch Ylands. As Ales Ulm said, this problem usually will not be permanent, keep trying.. :D

image.png.320b9fe058fa0e2dcce842c67fe9b3d8.png

can you fix it?

This is generally a steam issue. Try running steam as an administrator....also try not to quote forum posts from 4 years ago....it's a little confusing. No Offense.

Edited by spiritchaser28

48 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

This is generally a steam issue. Try running steam as an administrator....also try not to quote forum posts from 4 years ago....it's a little confusing. No Offense. 

it still doesn't work how to run steam and ylands as administrator