Scaliom

KNOWN ISSUE Can't come back in the server - Character dead, can't respawn

Question

Hello,

I was coming back to my exploration, and once at my base i just jumped to my other ship to move it on another place then i got disconnected by the server.

I though it was the usual 104 error but no, i got few connection time out and then after 5 min, i was able to come back with this screen :

20180222174051_1.thumb.jpg.084c0f8421bb4fa06441c5b92b5aeb16.jpg

With no particular reason why i should be dead.

I'm trying to create a new character (gosh i don't like that mecanic, bref just the usual respawn) but when i create it i have almost the same screen with the GUI bar on bottom.

20180222174722_1.thumb.jpg.9f2c50c49c9de38f657c2e02a9ff6012.jpg

NA 2 server

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Since it's a official server, rescuing your character is near 0%, unless the Dev's take it down and figure out how to fetch your character, i don't see it happening.

0.7 has introduced alot of issues with the networking.. Since this is early access this is a given, however frustrating.. I can only suggest you play on non official servers

that was if the admin is active, they might be able to fix the problem, but no guarantees.

Better than no Moderation of the server.

Yeah i'm not realy frustrated because playing and seeing the current state of the game it's this kind of bug i was inspecting, i'm doing my best to provide information to avoid this in future.

20180222194428_1.thumb.jpg.53c1a91d267590408ca7eb6c951af49e.jpg

I change my name and i was able to respawn but without my stuff (key etc...), i have no clue what island this is, never seen that one, it's not the same one where all people spawn

For some reason i have the proppeler but it doesn't seem to work, i double space, animation trigger but it's like a regular jump

Edited by Scaliom

I have got into the habit of making duplicate keys and placing them in a container and  hiding it somewhere  i can easily locate, but where others  wouldn't look.  That way if i suffer a fate  such as this, at least i can get back into my  base, or in the case of a ship,  unlock it and   sail home.

The propeller pack is full of glitch.  If you die with it equipped, it can cause problems where you can't reincarnate, or you walk around as a ghost, or you glitch in place constantly spinning or shaking.  If you do make it back in alive, somehow the prop pack refuses to come off your back, but it no longer allows you to fly... the list goes on. I recommend avoiding the prop pack for now, along with the cannon which also gets bugged and becomes irremovable.

Continuation on this adventure :

I reconnect and my propeler was now working ! So i was able to come back to "my place" but it doesn't reconize me anymore, same name but probably different ID.

Something i notice, i saw the barrier of someone on my way deactivated, i was able to pick it up ! This is really terrible ! The person is now screw of protection, it doesn't make any sens.

20180222205257_1.thumb.jpg.9bc67dc116bbfd7275a8b2f3e121580a.jpg

I'm also unable to located my corpse, just disapear.

Edited by Scaliom

Like @Baz Foobar said, propeller pack can trigger bugs sometime, the way to fix it is reboot the server. And to avoid that bug, now I always use propeller pack only when I really need to use it and after I'm done with it, I always take it off.

We're looking into it, thanks for the detailed info!