V-Alfred

RESOLVED [YLD-8351] "Create New Character" does nothing and screen flickering

Question

Hey I just got new error report with crash.dmp and error.log in it (Maybe just new directory(?)). Its located in "C:\Users\..\AppData\LocalLow\Bohemia Interactive\Ylands\Crashes"
Long story short, My character got propeller pack bug, I tried "/killme" command to kill myself and see if it will fix the propeller pack issue somehow, but nope. The result is game breaking. xD When /killme command executed, my screen become grey but my character is freeze, can't do anything or move and dead screen don't show up. So I decided to re-login to the server, after that dead screen show up, I clicked "New Character", create character menu show up, but after that menu, my screen just flickering, if I press alt+F4 the crash notification show up.. I tried twice so I have 2 crash report. Here:

Crashes.rar

[Update] Oh well technically the menu does something, but not like what I was expected.. xD

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

This sounds a lot like the beginning of multiplicity, the inoperable PP can only be fixed by death or server restart. But death is so risky in a state where you have damaged metadata. Nine times out of ten you'll encounter this. I just perform land based activities until the server restarts rather than risk multiplicity on death. Have your server master look for clones of you in the editor and delete them and then your first death corpse. Until that time there is almost no chance of rejoining that particular server. Sorry man! 

The PP bug is a serious game breaker for a lot of people. Once the pack is "removed" for any reason even putting a new pack on does nothing, while under the effects of the PP issue I attempted to put on two additional packs to see if I can regain flight but they are simply consumed, stacking beneath the one that I had "on" but really off and I still remained grounded. 

11 hours ago, Evilskrod said:

This sounds a lot like the beginning of multiplicity, the inoperable PP can only be fixed by death or server restart. But death is so risky in a state where you have damaged metadata. Nine times out of ten you'll encounter this. I just perform land based activities until the server restarts rather than risk multiplicity on death. Have your server master look for clones of you in the editor and delete them and then your first death corpse. Until that time there is almost no chance of rejoining that particular server. Sorry man! 

yep, 9/10? damn, only for the lucky one then.. xD Does your "multiplicity" means that you will have doppleganger entity ID? I did successfully create new character after a while without problem, but my PB doesnt recognize me, I don't have new PB.. it's as I stated in this thread aswell; 

As of 0.7 update, most of the times when you die you cannot respawn. First the character is stuck in grey mode and cannot move. If you rejoin the server you get to the character creation screen, create a new character but cannot proceed after that. Then the server needs a restart in order to actually get into the game again. If you get to keep your pp or not is a matter of luck probably. Game is currently broken.

• Upvote 2