DK208

Protective Barrier Generator

Question

I propose to be able to move the activated Protective Barrier Generator.
I started the Protective Barrier Generator in the MP, but sometimes I become a friend with a new person while playing.
I tried a variety of methods, but I can not move the activated Protective Barrier Generator.
I made a new character, but the Protective Barrier Generator is already recognized as a thing of another person and it can not destroy it.
I can not get a new Protective Barrier Generator.

Another one wants me to increase the type of dishes.
Although there are abundant materials, there are few dishes.
It is a pleasure of survivors that the number of dishes is large.

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Sadly if Protective Barrier (PB) can be picked up in current system, there will be consequences. Here is potential exploits I can think of:

• Someone will claiming rare resources with PB.
  • Griefers can exploit that to make prisoner of offline players. They will willingly use that PB because technically they're able to pick it up again.
  • That will make multiplayer mechanism broken, why? Simply because player can have moving indestructible shield.
Edited by Velocifer

Agree with all the comments so far - to address Velocifer's valid points, I would add a restriction in how often you can move a barrier.  Once you drop it and activate it, you should have a minimum amount of time before you are allowed to pick it up again.

20 hours ago, bb cakes said:

The server Admin can move it for you.

If he's on an official server hes out of luck

@Energritz_ I only knew that it can be done.  I am on @Baz Foobar's server.  He moved my barrier.  I had some buyer's remorse of my original site, so he moved me to my preferred location.  

• Downvote 1

Yes he was playing with me in Official server. xD And maybe thats why he sounds so frustrated..  :D
@Baz Foobar your idea "Once you drop it and activate it, you should have a minimum amount of time before you are allowed to pick it up again." should be implemented! maybe it needs like 2-3 real life days to be able to pick it up again or more "harsh punishment".. I can't think what is "more harsh punishment" right now, my brain seems don't really like to think..

Edited by Velocifer