ReTyger

Always an even number of Islands?

I'm sure I read this in another thread but can't find it now...I know there are 8-12 islands in single player exploration but did I read somewhere that they are always evenly numbered, so you get 8, 10 or 12 islands? I've found 9 so far, a tenth is eluding me and I'd sooner focus on making things or even starting a new game than slightly aimlessly trying to find an island that isn't there!

Also having made my own "world map" of the islands I've found/explored so far by stitching screen grabs together in Photoshop, and starting to regret it partway through as it took over 50 shots, I was wondering if we will ever be able to zoom the map out fully, or at least a lot further? It's pretty disorientating how it is at the moment.

13 hours ago, ReTyger said:

... I'd sooner focus on making things or even starting a new game than slightly aimlessly trying to find an island that isn't there!

If you're set on avoiding exploring it on your own, you could simply open the save file in the editor and use the Go To menu to see how many Ylands are available to jump to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baz Foobar said:

If you're set on avoiding exploring it on your own, you could simply open the save file in the editor and use the Go To menu to see how many Ylands are available to jump to.

Thanks, to be clear it's not so much avoiding exploring on my own, rather the map is a little clunky and there comes a point where you think there *might* be one more island but it becomes a bit sketchy finding it when the limits of the world don't seem to be set as a square surround. I haven't played with the editor yet and didn't realise I could look at my current game in it, so may try that. =)

16 minutes ago, ReTyger said:

Thanks, to be clear it's not so much avoiding exploring on my own, rather the map is a little clunky and there comes a point where you think there *might* be one more island but it becomes a bit sketchy finding it when the limits of the world don't seem to be set as a square surround. I haven't played with the editor yet and didn't realise I could look at my current game in it, so may try that. =)

The editor won't show you a map, but it does let you teleport directly to any of the islands, and you can see from the menu how many there are and what type of biome exists.

• Upvote 1

I copied a saved world file from the server over to my local machine and when I went into the game, that "save" appeared in the Continue screen as the map of all islands (instead of a screenshot of my character like it usually does).

Luckily I took a cell phone pic because once you click on the game in the Continue screen, you lose the "map" as the screenshot.

Our dedicated server world has 9 islands!

Edited by Hattrix