Sign in to follow this  
Pharaun Mizzrym

Cannot Join Multiplayer Without Getting Booted

Question

old computer:

Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 at 2.20GHz, DirectX 12, 4096MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

new computer:

Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs) ~2.7GHz, DirectX 12, 8122MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

___

2_March_2018

Trying to join multiplayer results in expulsion from the server.  I can run my own world but no one joined, do not know if that is because no one tried.  I can join a world and see other players in it for a brief time then I'm kicked.  Tried different worlds/servers.  Tried on two different pc's (listed above).  I can play a solo world fine also.   Only running into problems if trying to join another player's world.

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

are you trying to join  public  server games ...or  locked  pvt servers>?

Some  servers   shut  down at intervals  for  maintenance...maybe you were unlucky in trying to  join  at the wrong time?

Edited by kimbuck

Asus PC - Win10 Home 64-bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs) ~2.7GHz, DirectX 12, 8122MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

--------

I have public checked in the check box.  I have not yet tried to join anyone's private server(s).

It is happening all night.  I started gaming at 10pm Chicago Illinois central time.  It happens all night up until 3am Chicago IL USA central time.

Now it is 10am CST that I tried again and the game simply did not load this time.  It works for anything except joining Multiservers.

I ran my own server without any problems so I do not think it is an internet connection issue. 

I still have problems joining other people's PUBLIC servers, here is a vid of what I see on my end of the servers.  When I tried to join the game did not load.  I am using my newer PC Asus only for Ylands now.

Edited by Pharaun Mizzrym

I got into Canada!

I found the work-around-solution.  There is a menu in Ylands where you can actually see if any server you have been in is actively running.  That helps a lot but of course there is not a way to see if the worlds are active when you try to join for the first time.  Perhaps a more frequent refresh is needed in that menu (my video #02).

Here is a video of the menu that does show current server status: