Hattrix

Do Ylandium engines recharge from the Recharging station?

So, do Ylandium engines recharge from the Recharging station? I want to pull my car/boat into the "gas" station to fill-er-up.

On a related note, how far is the sphere of influence of the Recharging Station?

@Hattrixit does recharge engines and the sphere isn't very big really

I tried it out and i think it managed to fill them up about 10-12 squares/blocks away

Edited by Stephenw1992

I tried a small ylandium power battery by putting it in a wicker basket right next to the charging station. I pulled the handle and it didn't charge to battery. It seems that the battery only gets charged if it's in your inventory. Is that normal? 

I didn't want to make an engine to do my test if the battery didn't work. 

thats what i'm testing now. it used to power engines that were beside it but that could have been because it was connected in a certain way (the engines and charger were on a boat and next to each other)

either way i'm testing how they act now so i'll let you know :)

• Thanks 1

Ylands_180303_204254.thumb.png.d8e88e6e8b5c92726273a4447cf8d91e.pngWell, the answer to your original question is no, the charging station won't work how you wanted it to...

It’s confirmed as a bug. The recharging station used to - and should - recharge nearby Ylandium engines. Also, when you recharge them manually they don’t charge fully (the fuel indicator goes from black [empty] to red [nearly empty] instead of green [full] ) meaning that even with 6 engines my ship no longer  gets from one island to another without refuelling.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon :)

yeah as spark plug said, it used to. i had a ship with a silly number of ylandium engines on (why not?) with a charging station. it worked a treat but i tested it on and near the cars and boats and it no longer works. this was the closest i got to it recharging nearby items and i'm not sure it would be of much use to anyone:Ylands_180303_204941.thumb.png.7171d4fc81099c5cdc1a44288857d81d.png

Last time I played after 0.7 the only way to charge the ylandium engines was the larger power pack,   not as easy as being charged from the charging station but not game breaking for me.  I just kept 4 packs in a chest,  when i charged my engines naturally they depleted and 10 seconds later they were recharged and within another 10 they were back in the chest waiting for the next cycle.  Since I didnt know they used to be able to be charged with the charging station I didnt feel put out or feel any inconvenience.  To me 4 ylandium engines was a little too fast because it makes it harder to spot floating debris when going that fast and i have had a hard time spotting it anyway.  In order to charge the engines themselves hold the pack in your hand and highlight the engine you want to charge and you get the option to charge it.

Wait.... So the large ylandium power packs recharge on their own, without anything else, in about 10 sec? 

No,  i'm sorry I wasn't very clear,  the charging station charges them.  I have a charging station connected to a small generator very close by.  I was just trying to show how fast the whole cycle is and neglected an important part. 

To be more clear here are all the steps I use.

Construct,  and place your engines, charger and generator.

connect the generator to the charger.

place the largest power pacs in your inventory.

trigger the charger which charges the packs.

equip the packs.

charge your engines.

recharge your packs for next time and put them away in a chest nearby so they don't take up a inv slot.

I hope this is more help and more clear.  

My large ship has 4 sails as well as 4 ylandium engines and switching between them is very easy,  just follow the tooltips that appear when you grab the helm.  When i'm able to play without the problems i've had with the game in general i'll try 2 or 3 ylandium engines instead of 4.  The steam engines won't be a bad option either once they fix the crafting potion since you can make charcoal really fast with them

Edited by Onedown
clarified explanation.

Thanks for the clarification!

I have a small ship with 4 steam engines and 4 large masts. The steam engines only require 6 coal to fill them up, but when our world runs out of coal, we're gonna have to use wood chips I guess ... a lot of them.

5 hours ago, Hattrix said:

I have a small ship with 4 steam engines and 4 large masts. The steam engines only require 6 coal to fill them up, but when our world runs out of coal, we're gonna have to use wood chips I guess ... a lot of them.

once they fix the crafting potion you'll be able to make around 3 to 4 hundred charcoal a minute.  I've never exhausted a full bucket of charcoal,  I save the coal in a separate bucket for making steel parts because you can't use charcoal.

Wow, that's definitely going to help in the future. What IS the charcoal potion recipe? 

4 hours ago, Hattrix said:

Wow, that's definitely going to help in the future. What IS the charcoal potion recipe? 

The charcoal is made in the kiln where you make glass,  it's just 1 piece of any of the following,  bark, sticks or wood pieces. when you make it i'm not sure how they prioritize what the order is so if there is any particular one you don't want it to use up you should store it in a chest.  Using the crafting potion ( not sure what the ingredients are off the top of my head ) allowed us to reduce the time from one minute to one second,  essentially as fast as you can click.  However the crafting potion is bugged at the moment and Ane has said it will be fixed.  The crafting potion works on all of the workstations to the best of my knowledge and memory and its the same potion for all of them.

21 hours ago, Hattrix said:

Sorry I just read a clarification from Ane,  they aren't changing the crafting time back to one second with the potion,  the bug she was referring to was using 30 grain to make it.  But I hope they reconsider and change it back to the really magical 1 second.  It's discussed in another thread.  I apologize for inadvertently misleading you.

No apologies needed. Thank you for the helpful conversation.

Other than building a big house, I think I've hit the current "end game" as it stands now. I don't know what else to research or discover. Maybe we'll reset the server to a new seed....... 

2 hours ago, Hattrix said:

Other than building a big house, I think I've hit the current "end game" as it stands now. I don't know what else to research or discover. Maybe we'll reset the server to a new seed....... 

In the explore game I don't think they use every asset in every game as I have found different things in different games and It's one of the reasons I didn't mind having to restart everytime the save game got too big for the game to handle.  Right now i'm afraid of my hard drive going bad so im not playing until they announce a solution.  But im still hyped to play again when they do.