Sign in to follow this  
Eujen

The Air Ship

So.. I have recently started on.... Attempting to create an Air Ship. I spent the last few hours emptying a large part of the ocean. (cause.. ships actually still float even tho there's missing water)
After trying to place water in the sky and then build ships on a flying 'lake'. That doesn't work since placed water doesn't interact with the ship.. Apparently ships have a 'floating' parameter by themselves.. Anyhow.

After those few good hours on emptying the ocean. I spent the last 20 minutes seeing if I can make something that would resemble an airship.. This.. does NOT look good at all. But it's mainly a proof of concept I'd like to share with you guys.
I will continue working on it. And actually making it look like a proper airship. (The balloon might actually house  a few good engines, also enough space in it to build a secret base of sorts. So the main propulsion would be engines. And one or two sails placed as 'wings'.

Anyhow.. This is my current Proof of Concept, with the sea drained (a part of it at least).. and floating/flying ships.

Quick Edit: I know.. it's not round.. and it's blockish. I honestly mostly wanted to test and see what are the boundaries of the ships. Also.. at the back. I actually (no screenshots for that sadly) attached two propellers so it actually looks like a legit propeller. So yah. This will get worked upon. I'm thinking on using Huge Snowballs. Since they are pretty round. And see if I can place those in the editor .. we'll see tho!

Ylands_180303_211941.png

Edited by Eujen
  • Like 2

Thanks for the Idea for today's project! I don't feel like draining the ocean though. 

• Like 1

Haha. Aye. That will be a.. well.. not a pain. But more like boring to do xD  I honestly did it after seeing that placed water didn't interact with the ships. .. and then had the idea of doing a cave where you could enter with the ship. I did that and noticed that even though water was not as high as the ocean the ship was still floating. So I just decided to remove the water fully and have my 'air ships' dream come true that way.

I didn't have time this weekend to work on it. I have the design in my head already but eh. Work's work.. Can't afford to skip it as much as i'd like D: 
But aye. I'm glad it gave you an idea to work with! I'm honestly looking forward to your design. After seeing the RS convertible.. Oh boy. :P 

Quick Edit: The ship boundaries might prove to be sort of a pain in getting a really nice design. So keep that in mind :/ Although you might manage to bypass that in some way in the editor. Good luck! :D

Edited by Eujen
  • Thanks 1

We can make these ships fly...... One of our own have created an NPC that makes ships fly and its awesome if you'd like to play with it you can join our server both on YLands and Discord at https://discord.gg/dbFXShw