Spyler.X

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-9146] lost compostions and duplication of entities

Question

When a composition is shared in the workshop, the composition of the editor is eliminated. Personally I have no problem with this since I always have a lot of copies everywhere but it can be annoying to have to create the composicon again after uploading it to the workshop.

I have also noticed that when trying to eliminate a large number of entities they can be duplicated and these duplicates can only be eliminated one by one. sometimes it is necessary to restart to be able to eliminate them in the editor

Ylands Start-up Error.png

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi! It shouldn't happen that the composition is removed when being shared. Can you please attach the output_log and output_log_clean files? (Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data)

1 hour ago, Ane said:

Hi! It shouldn't happen that the composition is removed when being shared. Can you please attach the output_log and output_log_clean files? (Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data)

if indeed it has happened to me several times

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

to reproduce this, they create a composition they share and upload it to the workshop when they upload it. This is deleted from the list of compositions of the editor even before publishing the article.

Edited by spyler.1989
  • Thanks 1

I've been thinking and it occurs to me that the problem could arise when creating a shortcut of the compositions on my desktop and the game I have installed in D I'm not clear that this may be a reason but I think that before that did not happen

Alright, thanks for the additional info!

here they have a video where you see how it disappears.
this happens when you load the model .ycp to the workshop

5ab1069b9456f_testlostcomposition.thumb.png.8951859b99412fa501aa2d9764d5a54a.png

Now I am sure that the error was due to the creation of a shortcut.
I have removed it to test if the problem disappeared and, on the other hand, it does not even appear when I create a new one.
I suppose they will be somewhere, I looked in the folders but I have not found them yet.
I restored it, at least I could save them ^_^
This error reminds me when you change a folder with which you work in 3d max and lose all the textures of the model. (I learned this recently)xD

Edited by spyler.1989