Question

A mod for ARK has the energy lines built into walls so once you have power to the building (wall) you can run power seamlessly and invisibly through a structure.

Have a any sized log or block become "wired" with a new recipe.

splitter recipe + block (or log) = wired block (or log)    This recipe would need to be tweaked and revised as to how many resources we'd need to create one depending on the size of the block/log. Maybe you just combine a splitter and a block/log instead ... just a  thought.

As long as a wired block/log touches another wired block/log the energy flows through. The entire block/log is like 1 big IN and each block is also 2 big OUTs....like a splitter

Every block/log has an open outlet if needed (that's the 2nd OUT) if they are connected. If it's a stand-alone block/log it acts as a splitter (effectively hiding the ugly splitter).

Attached is my idea for a Wired Log .. the same concept could be applied to blocks or stone or marble, or whatever.

Credit for my ugly paint.net image goes to ylands.gamepedia.com for the format and images which I mashed together to create my idea.

wired-log.png

Edited by Hattrix
  • Upvote 2

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

I would make an adjustment to this suggestion. Energized walls should not be made of a flammable material eg: wood and bamboo.

Edited by linuxmaster9
should instead of could

7 minutes ago, linuxmaster9 said:

I would make an adjustment to this suggestion. Energized walls could not be made of a flammable material eg: wood and bamboo.

While I appreciate the realism of that idea, we're wearing a propeller backpack and flying around ... not very realistic.

The main reason I respectfully disagree is I wouldn't want to limit the creativity of players who want to use logs to build their houses, towns, mega-structures ect  to then NOT be able to use the energy discreetly in a wired wall.

Just now, Hattrix said:

While I appreciate the realism of that idea, we're wearing a propeller backpack and flying around ... not very realistic.

The main reason I respectfully disagree is I wouldn't want to limit the creativity of players who want to use logs to build their houses, towns, mega-structures ect  to then NOT be able to use the energy discreetly in a wired wall.

Then to use wood, I would recommend requiring rubber in the recipe to act as the insulator so as to simulate or imply that the wall has an insulated wire running through it.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, linuxmaster9 said:

Then to use wood, I would recommend requiring rubber in the recipe to act as the insulator so as to simulate or imply that the wall has an insulated wire running through it.

Perfect idea ... love it!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, linuxmaster9 said:

I would make an adjustment to this suggestion. Energized walls could not be made of a flammable material eg: wood and bamboo.

I'm an electrician and dry wood is actually a pretty good insulator.  Technically if we assume the inside of the log is dry it would work.  The whole purpose of games is to have fun and when you start adding too much realism it becomes a strict simulator and ceases to be a game.  I like the idea of wired building blocks being added to the game.  Kudos to the OP.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1