Sign in to follow this  
RedEagle_P1.

How to setup an NPC you can trade with

I've seen a lot of people asking for tutorials on how to use the in-game logic to manage NPC's. 

In this video I setup a trader who spawns items daily.

Big thanks to @Stephenw1992 for helping me with this one :D 

• Thanks 1

no problem @RedEagle_MGN!

Just a couple of small corrections:

when adding stacks of items to a storage item, the world or npc inventory, hold ctrl and click to add multiple items. When doing it there is a small delay so keep hold of ctrl until a slider shows up to add as many as you want OR click to add one to the inventory/location and then double click to open the item properties screen and you can change the stack size there. red got the 2 ways a little mixed up ^^

When adding the delay into the logic, make sure it is below the despawn and above the spawn. logics work down the list and the despawn and spawn would happen at the same time here ^^ and i don't think anybody want to risk that kind of mess!

When spawning the Items into their inventory using the logic, try to have an additional duplicate at the top of the spawn list. generally when setting objects to spawn into an npc's inventory, the first spawn will be placed into the "equipped" slot and can't be bought.

Red Eagle and  Stephen... you legends. Just what I was after, I can't wait to try and add a few NPC's to my world , a big thank you and enjoy your weekend.
Just one question... can you safely add NPC's to a single player game and have confidence that the game won't "break"? I'd like to add at least 6/7 NPC's with renewable resources.
Cheers for the video :) 

Edited by Mitch Treader
had to add something
  • Like 1

I'm not sure about adding to a savegame @Mitch Treader. I know there was issues with them corrupting explore save games so they were removed soon after 0.7. Because i spend my time creating in fresh scenarios, I'm not sure what impact it has adding them to an existing saves games

• Thanks 1

Thanks Stephen, I'll wait until it's safe to add the NPC's to an explore game. Hopefully they're working on a fix :)
Enjoy your weekend, and happy Ylanding 

Can you make a video on making paths for NPC's so they can travel around the world?

20 minutes ago, Kage-e8038c9be6912346 said:

Can you make a video on making paths for NPC's so they can travel around the world?

unfortunately at present it isn't possible to make any npc or animal "walk" from point to another. you can make them loiter and change that area which will mean the npc/animal will kind of hang around that area but you can't program them to walk a specific path

On 3/17/2018 at 7:54 PM, Stephenw1992 said:

unfortunately at present it isn't possible to make any npc or animal "walk" from point to another. you can make them loiter and change that area which will mean the npc/animal will kind of hang around that area but you can't program them to walk a specific path

Wait you can't have them walk around using way-points at all? Not ever back and forth? 

Not sure if you would accept request on Video Tutorials but I would like to have one done for;

Video request 1

Activating one switch disables other switches but also that one switch has a function happen. 
[1][2][3][4]

Player pulls switch 3 disabling 1,2,4 but also spawns a Bear.

Video request 2

Make a video of building a building that's round.

3 hours ago, Kage'd said:

Not sure if you would accept request on Video Tutorials but I would like to have one done for;

Video request 1

Activating one switch disables other switches but also that one switch has a function happen. 
[1][2][3][4]

Video request 2

Red has a lot going on so if he doesn't get chance to, i probably will over the weekend :)

On 3/23/2018 at 1:56 PM, Stephenw1992 said:

Red has a lot going on so if he doesn't get chance to, i probably will over the weekend :)

I suggest checking out Stephen's stuff! It's rock-solid. I will be working on the P1 community a bit and resting. 

• Thanks 1

Wait. You are wanting an NPC that dispenses bears randomly? That is evil.

Great vid RedEagle... I messaged you in the Steam boards for instruction and ended up here. Could you post a pic of the visual script needed for the respawning vendor? The video explains well but since all is visual script now. For instance, the attached pic is a Farmer / Seed Vendor. 

Ylands_190829_200945.png

On 3/23/2018 at 4:55 PM, Kage'd said:

Video request 1

[1][2][3][4]

Video request 2

The video 1 request seems fun ? I know I will try to make the script, but I'm not good at making videos ehehe

On 3/23/2018 at 10:55 AM, Kage'd said:

Video request 1

[1][2][3][4]

Video request 2

Both of these requests are done and on my channel somewhere :P 

(1) has to do with doors (prison escape game) or something

(2) is just one on all the building tactics in editor including that. 

• Like 1