Sign in to follow this  
Pharaun Mizzrym

Why are there dead bodies?

Sorry I have always wanted to ask.  I can't figure it out on my own and I guess it should be obvious to me but it is not.  Why are there dead people everywhere?

3 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

only  worry  if they talk to you   O.o

:D

If they start creeping along like the ships are doing is when i'll worry.

Generally because the body is abandoned when lagged out or the player quits. Sometimes they starve to death (bug) or someone spawning in sees them and kills them.

• Thanks 1

the latter usually  happens  when  schools  out  and   the parents are not  monitoring the  computer usage/user

B|

Dead people cluttering the island is bug or intended?  I read people say stuff like, "the admin needs to clean up the bodies so the world will not lag and be better aesthetically."  Admin being their way of saying Server Host I guess.  The dead bodies stacking up troubles me.  I don't think the Admin, or World Hoster, should have to WORK.  They should be playing and having fun. 

If dead bodies (for days and forever) is not a bug and running as intended  -- it needs a bit a liven up.  I think if the dead player's character has been there over two days and has not been burned or buried, at sunset they should turn into zombies

ccYYrEd.gif

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Unfortunately at the game's current stage of development, hosting a dedicated MP server *IS* work.  There's no way around it.  We currently lack functionality for maps to be self-sufficient.  Between resetting the server on a regular basis (to avoid problems that build up over time), cleaning up corpses, filling in excavation holes, replenishing resources (sure, players can replenish some of them, but others are not naturally occurring), restarting crashed/frozen server instances, fixing terrain, helping to locate people or vehicles that decided to disobey the laws of physics, and other tasks that aren't so obvious... it definitely takes some time and effort (and let's not forget real money).

Why do it?  Because most of us have faith in this game and its team and want the community to succeed.  I hope to finally see the day where dedicated MP servers don't need to be babysat like they do today, and I can just log in as a player and enjoy the game.

• Haha 1

Basically, don't litter.

If you die... go find your stuff.

Destroy stuff over dropping stuff.

And for now... Build minimally. 

• Upvote 2

when i harvest trees  i do the following  housekeeping

a) pick up everything,  logs  bark seeds  resin  pieces and  sticks

b) destroy the  tree stump

c) pant  the seeds ..one where the  stump was   the  other 2 were you think it would  help ...ie  closer t your base  or on a   open bare spot.

d) wood pieces  are useful for  engines,  smelters   forges  stoves....  if you  already   have too many sticks,  break them  into wood pieces and store in a container  near your base ...  doesn't have to be secure or  lockable   as they are just common  wood pieces!

e)  resin...   if you  have  already too much, destroy it

Mining :  after  depleting a  shallow  deposit,  fill it  in with  dirt and   use a shovel to  smooth it over

If a  deep deposit    ..place a cover  over the pit  near the surface, ie a  stone  panel,  cover it with soil and  plant  grass/or other flora

It also pays to cull  wild  animals   such as boars ...   they  get to  stages where they  just  sit there  using up memory ... and  creating  lag .  They make   good  food  :-)

Piles of  dirt :   use to fill  holes  or   to  place in shallow   water and  smooth over to make a  great  accessible   resource  area ... for  cotton  agave, rubber  bananas  corn  etc  plantation  or  you can build a small island  off your base,  plant it with  several  humongous  trees   close together and  use it as a navigation reference point.

Beached   or   sharkanado  sharks .... if possible  covert them to food ..otherwise they sit there  using    memory etc and   increase lag.

Build  simply to avoid lag .. the more components used  the greater the   lag  generated....  use large   single   blocks  or  stone panels  rather than  a  mess of  smaller ones.

¬¬

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1