Pharaun Mizzrym

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-9334] When Hosting Server Speed Sleep Broke

Question

When I host a server and try to sleep to get it to the next day time passes to slowly.  Video is at normal speed to show this.  Happens every time I host a server.  I have hosted three different servers with two different time hour choices (sorry do not remember what I picked) in server creation.  Every time I get this glitch when I the host sleep. 

11 replies to this bug / suggestion

Night length needs to be adjusted, period. There are times you can't sleep.  Being stuck in the dark while you wait for daylight is frustrating and immersion breaking. 

1 hour ago, Pharaun Mizzrym said:

When I host a server and try to sleep to get it to the next day time passes to slowly.  Video is at normal speed to show this.  Happens every time I host a server.  I have hosted three different servers with two different time hour choices (sorry do not remember what I picked) in server creation.  Every time I get this glitch when I the host sleep. 

Did you set your in-game day to longer than the default 48 minutes?  If so, that's the cause of that.  It seems they accelerated the sleep-based clock with the context of a 48 minute in-game day, but neglected to account for the additional time for games defined with longer day durations.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Baz Foobar said:

Did you set your in-game day to longer than the default 48 minutes?  If so, that's the cause of that.  It seems they accelerated the sleep-based clock with the context of a 48 minute in-game day, but neglected to account for the additional time for games defined with longer day durations.

That is what I was wondering.  I still consider this a bug-glitch.  Sleeping is suppose to speed up the cycle.  No matter what I choose for a day/night cycle my sleep should cause a quick jump to the next.

Along these thoughts I think the game needs an added incentive to play thru the night time.  Perhaps something special that spawns only at night and is valuable?

When they changed sleep, it introduced some new bugs/features. One thing is that time does not pass. And it seems like it doesn't heal anymore? 

• Upvote 1

Eeek! I haven't had to try to heal in MP as of late because all of the Mobs seem to be frozen and not a threat... Therefore, I haven't received any noteworthy damage from PVE in MP.

bb  drags a  trolley  full of  spare tombstones  around with her  :-)

• Haha 1

Any chance you could attach your save game file (or logs), @Pharaun Mizzrym? Our testers are unable to reproduce it.

On 26/03/2018 at 6:07 PM, Baz Foobar said:

We actually do take that into account, but we are really unable to reproduce it without your logs.

3 hours ago, Berzeger said:

We actually do take that into account, but we are really unable to reproduce it without your logs.

When I posted that comment back in March, the fix for the clock wasn't yet implemented.  It has since been addressed, so I'm not sure why that was re-quoted today.

I think I mentioned this before.  The sleep issues are why most multiplayer games have a night cycle that is bright enough to be able to see in and sleeping is not even a thing.  I agree it adds realism but talking about a game you have to ask how much realism is too much and at what point does the realism become annoying rather than fun?