Stephenw1992

Editor Tutorial Series (creations)

Hey guys! I created this thread to help keep the video's grouped together in the video thread but i'm really keen to see what the community can build from the video's i create, whether it be an npc you can have a conversation with or an animated dragonfly!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The first thing I say again Stephenw1992  is that you are a crack.

I started with something that I thought would be simple :S

This really took me a long time, I simplified a bit the solar system model I had done to be able to apply the logic more easily even after 6 hours to get to create the orbits where I wanted.

But I realized the full potential of the logic of the game.
Anyway, I'll leave it a little aside until I can apply the logic to groups or be able to link objects in a more precise way. For the moment, I think it's too laborious.
I will continue creating some compositions, now I will create them thinking about applying logics them later. ^_^

20180329121753_1.thumb.jpg.7babcc7fa9720e830874be994c275c3e.jpg

what they see happened a lot of times xD

20180328134219_1.thumb.jpg.f22353344663deae1263837a55f9974e.jpg20180328134001_1.thumb.jpg.ceb6d2732d2735ea38c73523a148270c.jpg

in the end I got it B|

20180329114800_1.thumb.jpg.09dd1994f7f9579cb66c53d151b958c7.jpg

I could not resist I had to keep trying. ^_^

I have made a simple model of flying insect, I have put a small animation, it also serves as transport 

to make the logic simpler, group everything in a label, for now I have only been able to use the displacement, the rotation is more complicated.

Stephenw1992, do you know if there is any way that repeats are infinite?

Edited by spyler.1989

have if someone can help me with this.
I learned some things with the fly, now I have created a drone and I have put the necessary animations.
What I have not achieved is to activate the logic with a lever. Haber if you can help me control it.
I want to be able to fly my drone B|

20180331111546_1.thumb.jpg.bb50bbf0f5ebdcd561298f113fa75061.jpg

I have chained some logic and it does not work. something I must be doing wrong:(

20180331111603_1.thumb.jpg.8be8b23b99db2c5617cb3216adcc6770.jpg

Edited by spyler.1989

ok for starters, those look really cool!!!

@spyler.1989in the time trigger you can set -1 as the repeat count-infinite repeats
The second reason i haven't already done this is that to move something instantly, you can move it relative/absolute which would both have issues....

Ok, I've just had an idea i need to test tomorrow which could be really awesome for these so i'll keep you posted

(sorry for the late reply-not checked the forums much the last couple of days)

In fact, If you can dm me on here/my discord with the comp of that drone and the logics you have so fa for it, I'd love to try and get it to fly! I'll experiment tomorrow and then hopefully get it working for next friday for the video!

Theres no garuantees that i can but I'm hopeful!

Edited by Stephenw1992
  • Thanks 1

ohh yes i got it B|
thanks anyway  Stephenw1992
the movement is perfect, the rotations if they cause me some problem, there is still much to improve but for something you have to start. l
then I post the model to the workshop, so you can do your tests.
Of the only thing that I did not get to work, is that when the drone stops, the rotors do not turn backwards.
let's say that the event listener that deactivates the logic should also activate one and it does not.

Another problem that I have not yet been able to solve is like doing a partial rotation and that works all the time.

At the beginning, I set a rotation of 15 degrees, but when the repetitions are finished it stops working.

20180401052339_1.thumb.jpg.2ac875e2467166c07d5828c2c570f1db.jpg20180401030707_1.thumb.jpg.bcf6ad11fb80f50715c812048b768f4e.jpg

20180401045651_1.thumb.jpg.7cf8b60f24b49fb80938d7db34da71e1.jpg

This version is too small to be comfortable to drive while moving :)

20180401045549_1.thumb.jpg.f92f1ff8d9595e8e50822b12c4e56e8c.jpg

Edited by spyler.1989

I already put the model in the workshop, also a small video test.
* To start first you have to activate all the red levers.

https://ylands.net/asset/386

To handle it being mounted, maybe you can put some zone activator that also moves the character, so that it does not fall.

Is there anything that can not be done in this game? :P

the logics with the ship are wonderful I published it in community creations

final result of vehicle control systems in version 0.8 :)

I will upload it to the workshop when I can access it with my usual account xD

20180407231524_1.thumb.jpg.bfa044b7fa2142287b7ad5b853481b12.jpg

20180405202128_1.thumb.jpg.57634cd5c4282da4fe42794d6c036bab.jpg

20180407222509_1.thumb.jpg.4e3b0de37fa3e403065115e6cedb2146.jpg

• Like 1

you guys are ahead of me!
I'm working on the "taking flight" episode now!
I'm sure i'll still have some tips and tricks for you though ;)
those creations are looking really cool!

5 hours ago, Stephenw1992 said:

you guys are ahead of me!
I'm working on the "taking flight" episode now!
I'm sure i'll still have some tips and tricks for you though ;)
those creations are looking really cool!

I'm sure of that Stephenw1992 , I'm looking forward to seeing your tutorial, I want to know how you did to be able to fly.

It was not my intention to get a full flight, but that's what came out when the boat improved. 
Also my explanations are very brief, you explain everything much better for everyone.:)

P.S.:Maybe one day I will do some tutorial in Spanish xD

Edited by Spylerx

2 minutes ago, Spylerx said:

I'm sure of that Stephenw1992 , I'm looking forward to seeing your tutorial, I want to know how you did to be able to fly.

It was not my intention to get a full flight, but that's what came out when the boat improved. 
Also my explanations are very brief, you explain everything much better for everyone.:)

P.S.:Maybe one day I will do some tutorial in Spanish xD

that would be pretty cool since I only know english myself!
i'm sad to say i didn't even know you created videos, i know theres a few players who upload gameplay but i dont tend to watch others since time spent watching could be spend building ;)

• Haha 1

good more than creating videos are simple visual explanations as a test.

Now I am experiencing if I can make more specific turns, that is to say that when you press rotate, just turn x degrees and stop automatically. But the logic of delaying action only works the first time.
Maybe you have tried something with this.

11 minutes ago, Spylerx said:

good more than creating videos are simple visual explanations as a test.

Now I am experiencing if I can make more specific turns, that is to say that when you press rotate, just turn x degrees and stop automatically. But the logic of delaying action only works the first time.
Maybe you have tried something with this.

yeah the time trigger you use for slowly rotating an object, set a repeat limit on it. this could be easily worked out for specific degrees

• Thanks 1

I tried with that before, I put a time trigger that rotated 0.5 degrees every 0.001 seconds and another activator that deactivates the logic every 3.601 seconds so I got a fluid 90 degree turn, but it only worked once.

I keep adjusting some values and adding logic I think that in the end I'll get it but it's not easy xD

a problem that I have is that the repetition time is not activated with the logic but is always active with what the rotations depend on which moment the clock is when you press the lever

Edited by Spylerx

3 minutes ago, Spylerx said:

I tried with that before, I put a time trigger that rotated 0.5 degrees every 0.001 seconds and another activator that deactivates the logic every 3.601 seconds so I got a fluid 90 degree turn, but it only worked once.

I keep adjusting some values and adding logic I think that in the end I'll get it but it's not easy xD

yeah this is normal. when you have logics like these time triggers that need to be used multiple times, have them disabled by default so you can enable and reset to default as required, allowing you to use the same limited logic limitless times

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Stephenw1992 said:

yeah this is normal. when you have logics like these time triggers that need to be used multiple times, have them disabled by default so you can enable and reset to default as required, allowing you to use the same limited logic limitless times

Thank you very much stephen, in the end I have achieved it with higher values since small values produce a certain delay sometimes. What makes the turn lose precision.

I can already drive my drone remotely with rotary controls to follow the target :D

• Like 1

There are still things to improve. but it is already quite functional.

I have created a steerable remote control, it has rotation and vertical movement

20180408163917_1.thumb.jpg.1af7c3782de6c0ccdcb737d2b24c78f2.jpg

Here is a small flight test with this system

• Like 1

that is really cool man. do you have it fluidly turning? i.e are you able to control exactly how far it turns and have it moving using relative global or local?

1 hour ago, Stephenw1992 said:

that is really cool man. do you have it fluidly turning? i.e are you able to control exactly how far it turns and have it moving using relative global or local?

is in local, both the drone, and the control box, are built on a raft, to achieve uniform movement.

The control tower makes 90-degree turns and vertical displacements with automatic deactivation
The rotation of the drone is manual, if the tires are linked with an offset rotation it will serve as a visual level, since they will rotate only when the drone is not level.

I will try to apply precise rotations to the drone, although this will make a more technical driving, and will have a greater load of logic. 

In the current state of the model it is very fun to fly it ^_^

Edited by Spylerx

Nice!
I had thought of using the raft but found the objects just passed through, how did you manage to get them fastened?
As i was typing that i realised i could have saved a raft with objects built on it (in game) as a comp to use as a solid base *facepalms*

29 minutes ago, Stephenw1992 said:

Nice!
I had thought of using the raft but found the objects just passed through, how did you manage to get them fastened?
As i was typing that i realised i could have saved a raft with objects built on it (in game) as a comp to use as a solid base *facepalms*

^_^ it is not necessary to enter the game

to add objects to the raft simply place them in the editor with the option to adapt to everything, make sure you are pointing to the raft when you place them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spylerx said:

^_^ it is not necessary to enter the game

to add objects to the raft simply place them in the editor with the option to adapt to everything, make sure you are pointing to the raft when you place them

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

wow...

just... wow...

I can't believe i missed that...

• Haha 1