Sign in to follow this  
Ane

0.8: Meaningful Music (28/03/2018)

CHANGELOG

Meaningful Music - 28/03/2018

THE_LINE.png

THE_LINE.png

NOTE: Due to the map system being reworked, all existing map items will be cleared (the world will become "unexplored") after opening your game. Unfortunately, this couldn't be avoided.

HIGHLIGHTS

• New dynamic music. A lot of new great tracks performed by a live orchestra that are played based on players' current situations. The music is layered, meaning that it can get more or less intense based on the level of threat etc. Please note that with the introduction of the new music system your audio volume preferences will be reset.
  • New avatar heads and hairstyles (now with physics enabled)
  • You can now purchase Decorations and place them in the world both in the Editor or your current game (they are strictly cosmetic objects that give you no advantage). Once they are placed in the world, you have to confirm that you want to remove them from your account - only then they become truly a part of the world. Please note that from that moment they behave as any other object - they can be broken, stolen etc...
  • The map system has been reworked completely. The visual representation is now slightly different, you can zoom out as much as necessary, it is faster and works both in SP and MP. It is ready for note-taking, which we plan to introduce in one of the future updates. Please note that only maps that are placed in the hotbar are getting updated as you travel and explore. The map shows the original, initial state of the world and therefore won't reflect any terrain changes made in the game or in the Editor.

THE_LINE.png

NEW FEATURES / IMPROVEMENTS

• Fixed crafting potion status effect so that it crafts instantly again
    • Players can't plant in other player's Protective barriers
    • Adjusted stack sizes of all plants
    • Hardness of the dirt and grass voxels is now the same for the same dirt yield when digging
    • Some voxel types were adjusted in arid and temperate regions not to drop sand and dirt at the same time when digging
    • Sand and wet sand voxels are yielding more sand now when digging
    • Lightning bolts should strike much less often now
    • Added different types of picking animation  
    • Increased some containers' slot counts
    • Some container recipes changed to better fit the crafting tree
    • Autosave interval increased to 10 minutes
    • Some parts of the Wild West game have been reworked or visually improved
    • [Crafting] Rebalanced recipes of large building blocks 
    • [Crafting] Additional roof sets
    • [Trading] Updated item prices
    • [MP] In order to improve stability while joining a session, there is now a queue of players waiting to join the session, only one player can be joining at a time. This has nothing to do with connecting to the session, and only takes place after you select character/start to load the world.

THE_LINE.png

NEW ASSETS

• Additional iron blocks
    • Additional diamond blocks (only editor/cube)
    • Large steel beam and steel box
    • Steel box
    • Additional wooden box variants
    • Additional stone railing piece
    • Two new wooden railing sets
    • Additional industrial railing piece
    • Additional wooden fence piece
    • Additional white fence pieces
    • Bamboo ladders

THE_LINE.png

FIXES

• [MP] Eliminated the high pressure the wind simulation had on the network, which should improve the MP performance for players during standard gameplay
    • [MP] General fix preventing situations where player's controls could get locked if the server was too busy for some time (e.g., when other players were joining)
    • [MP] General fix preventing situations where an action the player took would not reach the server, causing forever-looping pickup animations and probably a range of other problems
    • [YLD-9216] Game breaks after a trader teleports away while in trade with them  
    • [YLD-8896] Damage from players or animals doesn't cancel trading    
    • [YLD-8890] Trade offer is not canceled when player takes control of car / ship / lies down to bed    
    • [YLD-8869] Cannot trade on the ship
    • [YLD-8834] Request for trade will not end    
    • [YLD-8837] If you offer trade when your container is opened, trade will always fail  
    • [YLD-8810] "Cannot trade, character is busy" message is confusing if you have sent a trade request already and wait for an answer 
    • [YLD-8887] Ignore / Ignore this session trading options are not working  
    • [YLD-8715] Green arrow when dragging items outside of the trading window  
    • [YLD-8914] Character's death, who initiated sleep and chose new character, breaks the game    
    • [YLD-8905] Character will not stand up after sleep is finished        
    • [YLD-8904] You are getting damage from cold and hunger while sleeping  
    • [YLD-8778] FP camera works as x-ray eyes = you can pick up anything behind walls    
    • [YLD-9199] Character doesn't turn with camera when smashing and running               
    • [YLD-8944] Red car trunk can't be placed on the car           
    • [YLD-9134] Sometimes breath bar is not present (note: fixed the most common cause)    
    • [YLD-8913] Shooting in 3rd person when close to a wall is not accurate    
    • [YLD-8906] Shooting when backed into an object does not behave correctly       
    • [YLD-8912] Cannot change hotbar after trying to pick up something                              
    • [YLD-8864] Ships (parts) can be destroyed even when inside the barrier        
    • [YLD-8854] Darts launched from the dart launcher fly perpendicularly                       
    • [YLD-8797] Blank leather and paper sheets become invisible in hands after writing something on them        
    • [YLD-8795] Rotation of item is automatically on when inspecting it       
    • [YLD-8790] There is a wrong hint for fuel action on the steam engine                
    • [YLD-8751] No cannon ignite animation if player clicks LMB repeatedly                  
    • [YLD-8549] Missing items in the cube after searching in the Creator Cube during reloading of cannons/catapults           
    • [YLD-2768] Energy information persists until you refocus        
    • [YLD-8933] Sand is not dropping as expected in some situations
    • [YLD-9061] Miner and blacksmith are not generated properly in Random Encounters
    • [YLD-8992] Wild West: "Give book to Helen" option available even for players who are not doing the quest
    • [YLD-8775] Wild West: Bridge can be partially dismantled
    • [YLD-8823] Wild West: Hyenas quest - Chief is offering RMB to talk to players without active quest
    • [YLD-9269] Wild West: Hyena quest - incorrect dialogue option for second player
    • [YLD-8824] Wild West: Client can't talk with Chief after completing the quest, but talk option is still offered
    • [YLD-8822] Wild West: Hyena quest breaks if another player kills all hyenas 
    • [YLD-9168] Unnecessary focus dot over map           
    • [YLD-9145] Missing face on wooden panel        
    • [YLD-9016] Round festive ornament falls through the ground      
    • [YLD-7868] Withered Sumac collision shape    
    • [YLD-8404] Fixed oriental roof block collider
    • [YLD-8997] Stone tools have only 1 paint slot    
    • [YLD-9051] Crystal has incorrect model
    • [YLD-9137] Missing animation for Collect Wood action  
    • [YLD-8964] [DS] All range weapons have infinite ammo on dedicated server 
    • [YLD-4758] [DS] You can't move after you respawn     
    • [YLD-9223] [DS] Ship getting broken after another player connects or respawn
    • [YLD-8779] [DS] Unable to load complicated save file
    • [YLD-9171] [Editor] Roman numeral stone block preview icons have a wrong angle 
    • [YLD-9143] [MP] Fixed another potential cause of players getting disconnected        
    • [YLD-9048] [MP] Broken propeller pack after relog       
    • [YLD-9047] [MP] New character breaks the game for host when sleeping vote is on  
    • [YLD-8902] [MP] Player who initiated sleep is not able to cancel it after another player joins sleep        
    • [YLD-8803] [MP] Incorrectly displayed message when trying to trade with offline player      
    • [YLD-8701] [MP] Once you respawn, you are unable to trade with anyone
    • [YLD-7651] [MP] Disconnecting while on the horse gets you stuck after reconnecting       
    • [YLD-7646] [MP] When dismounting from the horse, controls get stuck   

THE_LINE.png

• Like 5
    • Thanks 2
    • Upvote 1

Hype!

1. Sounds great!

2. I am totally cool with you guys selling cosmetics as that means you can put in more updates :) 

Edited by RedEagle_MGN
    • Like 1

Sounds good in general but I will never buy one-use cosmetics, after all what's the point? I've already played on several new save games and scenarios and not being able to use it multiple times makes no sense. Not a rant, just honest feedback.

I love that no matter which update, there are always some of my wishes fulfilled. When I started playing first sandbox games on my phone (that means Minecraft rip offs) I always wondered how great would it be if there were more items and animals. And all of them looking more realistic. Realistic nature. How cool would it be not to be limited by some kind of grid. Or even the ability to intersect items! (shoutout to spyler.1989, I really loved your ship) I swear that Ylands is the game that I thought was only in my head. Witcher 3 has been great. Minecraft was a transfer station full of creativity. But Ylands is the game. And I can't wait to hear the violins in it! 

• Downvote 1

Can't wait to get home to play.

Can we buy coyns with steam gift cards?

• Downvote 1

Well done guys! I loved the new songs.
    Unfortunately I was having a heart attack while fighting: :P
    I bought almost all the armor.

Thanks for the hard work!

must be a big queue for the update.....   it doesn't seem to have reached  my part of the world  just yet...could be  caught on the international date line...:o

To the Ylands team, well done on the .8 update and thank you. I was happy with your communication on how it was progressing and even happier to see you managed to get it out before the weekend! Stoked! 

The new music you've added it fantastic, adds another dimension to the game, and the choice of music is beautiful.                                                                 The added blocks, roofs, railings,boxes etc are perfect.. a real "game changer"... patience sure paid off, I for one don't mind that you've added decorations for sale, I've snapped up a whole bunch already to add... plus they're pretty dam cheap. I look forward to you adding more in the future, along with the pets :)   

Well done on the map update in Multiplayer, hopefully it doesn't fill the servers up too fast with the memory.

still no update  ... nothing on steam...... tried to start game ...old  0.7 45788 available ...and  all the  servers  on 0.8 are not visible in MP listing

...Having serious   withdrawal  issues as i have  friends already  in and  reporting on discord what i am missing.......:o

restarted  computer   twice  hoping steam would  update  with the update ... no sausage!

Edited by kimbuck

Well done team, nice set of fixes you have there! im impressed.

Been running the DS for 30mins now and i have been playing, the gameplay is smooth and great, no hickups/stuttering/micro lagg/pauses (yet), 0.8 seems to be MP's savoir for now.

will have to test for longer, but so far no problems.

@kimbuck Steam was down before i logged on today 30mins ago.. update was there for me, might have something to do with steam being down.

Edited by Energritz_

aha  could have been    ..i went in and  cleared update cache .. the    restarted  steam  from the beginning and it appeared    !!

Is anyone else seeing time run slowly?  My current explore is 48min duration days.  I've been sailing for about 1/2 hour real time, looking for new islands, and the game time went from 6:10 to 6:20.

Quick observation - login times are much improved, kudos to the programmer who cleaned that up.  Trees are still crazy - sometimes they become unchoppable until you log out and back in.  Overall performance seems good, but we started with a new map for 0.8 so we haven't uncovered all of the Ylands yet - will report back once the map is all discovered.  One problem that is new though - the entire server (5-6 of us) would get booted every once in a while (it happened at least 3 times within a span of 2 hours) where we'd all get connection time outs and we'd have to log back in again (good job on the queue, we get in real quick without clobbering each other like in previous versions).

Not sure if the timeouts were because of the server or what, so I'll give the system a clean recycle tomorrow morning and see how tomorrow plays out.  If it continues to get timeouts with server-wide disconnects, I'll provide client and server logs.

12 hours ago, Cederhill said:

So raining in ships is still not fixed?

I'm afraid not :(

3 hours ago, Baz Foobar said:

One problem that is new though - the entire server (5-6 of us) would get booted every once in a while (it happened at least 3 times within a span of 2 hours) where we'd all get connection time outs and we'd have to log back in again (good job on the queue, we get in real quick without clobbering each other like in previous versions).

I'm sending you a PM. If anyone else is experiencing this issue (that is not part of Baz Foobar's server) please mention it in a comment here or contact me directly!

The  day clock is gone Kaput!:D  see my post in the  bugs area...  

2 hours ago, Ane said:

I'm sending you a PM. If anyone else is experiencing this issue (that is not part of Baz Foobar's server) please mention it in a comment here or contact me directly!

Server log from last night sent!

Anyone else noticing constant log spam similar to this?

[IN] [17:27:45.35] Executing sequenced command type=ylands.CmdInterrupt seq=745

[IN] [17:27:45.47] Executing sequenced command type=ylands.CmdUseItem seq=746

[IN] [17:27:45.63] Executing sequenced command type=ylands.CmdInterrupt seq=747

[IN] [17:27:45.73] Executing sequenced command type=ylands.CmdUseItem seq=748

[IN] [17:27:45.91] Executing sequenced command type=ylands.CmdInterrupt seq=749

[IN] [17:27:45.99] Executing sequenced command type=ylands.CmdUseItem seq=750

[IN] [17:27:46.16] Executing sequenced command type=ylands.CmdInterrupt seq=751

[IN] [17:27:46.24] Executing sequenced command type=ylands.CmdUseItem seq=752

[IN] [17:27:46.43] Executing sequenced command type=ylands.CmdInterrupt seq=753

[IN] [17:27:46.49] Executing sequenced command type=ylands.CmdUseItem seq=754

On a more positive note, I like the way the map works now.  It's great being able to zoom all the way out to see all the islands at once.  And nice to know it's been set up for more features later.

Although this is traditionally when we point out all of the issues that have arisen, I would just like to take a moment to thank you all for a few things that never got a mention above...

- The map seems to now remember the zoom you leave it on

- We are shown the time without having to commit to sleeping (I think that’s new)

- We sleep quicker (in single player)

- We get out of bed after waking

And one other thing I can’t quite put my finger on, but the rendering of lit buildings/ships in the distance seems miles better. I notice it because my base comprises of several buildings/ships spread out, and now looking at my base from afar at night seems almost photographic :x

• Like 1

Update: 29/03/2018

Version: 0.8.47075

• Removed diagnostic log spam
    • Like 2