Dashboard

Mp: can i switch from survival to creative?

Hello,

So, im recently new to the game(only active playing for a week)  and I really really love the game. Like reeaaalllyy. So I rented a small server, and I play with a friend of mine. Now, I misplaced some items(beginners mistake) and the two minutes passed. Now, most of all my ship needs altering, and its not the place the barrier. Is there anyway I can alter the server files to go to creative without taking the server offline? Or should I download the server files, go sp creative in editor (dunno whether it is even possible??) Change what i need, upload the files again and dont have any trouble with personal and player data?

You need to take the server offline, bring the savegame into the editor, and drop a Creator Cube near your avatar.  Then start the game up with the new savegame, pick up the creator cube and have at it.  The creator cube grants you unlimited crafting and invulnerability.

Alternatively, just make all your edits to the world and the environment using the editor, but then your server has to be down for that entire duration.