kimbuck

RESOLVED [YLD-9389] groundhog day ...stuck time in MP ?

Question

Whilst playing    MP  it was noticed that  the  time of   day cycled  from 7:53  am to   7:59  am!

Talk about  long  days!:P 

The other  players  on   our  DS  noticed it  too.

28 replies to this bug / suggestion

The programmers are looking into it as we speak :)

Yes, the minutes they stole from you :P

• Haha 1

It's not just MP.

My SP clock went from 1 minute in game every 2 real seconds, to 1 minute in game every 10 or 15 minutes I think.  I have not done the math, but when I sailed around re-mapping my current Explore mode game, I started at 6:00 and was able to re-map all the islands plus find a new one before 10:00.  Meanwhile, the rest of the timing seemed to work.  He was getting hungry every once in a while.  It's just that according to the in-game clock, he was getting hungry every few minutes.

2 hours ago, Indomitus said:

... I started at 6:00 and was able to re-map all the islands plus find a new one before 10:00.

I want that ship! 

:P

Could you provide logs, please? Our testers are trying to reproduce it.

Did you guys sleep in the session where this happened? Any extra info is useful!

15 minutes ago, Ane said:

Did you guys sleep in the session where this happened? Any extra info is useful!

I did sleep eventually, just to get through a storm.  But the time problem started before and continued after sleeping.  I will try to remember to get the log when I get home this evening.

6 hours ago, Ane said:

Ane - for the server log, please refer to the file I sent you this morning.

For me, it seemed like only the time was slow.  Weather did change for me, but this could possibly be because I was moving on my ship, and I simply found weather where it was stopped.

I am on Steam.  Windows 8.1 64-bit, 12GB RAM, Intel i7-4710HQ CPU, Nvidia Geforce GTX  (It's a "gaming laptop")

The current game was started just after the previous update, and is very far along (5 or 6 islands found and fully explored, elaborate ship built, most recipes unlocked).  I did see a couple other glitches before I noticed the slow time, but because they did not repeat, I did not worry about them.  For example, I was briefly not able to access any cabinets on my ship, it said they were in use by someone else.  Thinking back, I do remember planting some bearberries that seemed like they would never grow (I finally gave up and sailed away).

edit:  I loaded my game again, just now, and the time seems to be working again.  Strange.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by Indomitus
updated

Thanks a lot for the files, guys!

If they need more information, it happened to me again tonight.

I started a new Creative Mode game, 3 size-4 islands.  It is the only game I have played tonight.  I mapped the shores of one all the way around, then decided to start building a large ship.  At the start of the game, the time was working perfectly, and continued to work fine until I decided to sleep through a night.  When I woke at 6:00 the time stopped and stayed at 6:00 for a half hour before I saved and exited the game.

The Logs:

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

This is all very useful, thank you!

This is happening right now on NA Explore 4.  I am one with one other player, they requested to sleep.  When we woke up, the clock advanced to about 6:14.  Then it said 6:15, then 6:14, 6:15, 6:14, 6:16, 6:14, and right now it's stuck at about 6:15.  Very strange.  I'm still playing, but I could send logs later if you need.

Hi guys, we managed to find the root of the problem, it's being fixed as we speak.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Berzeger said:

Hi guys, we managed to find the root of the problem, it's being fixed as we speak.

Thanks Berzeger!  Is it definitely caused by sleeping or are there any other events that trigger it?

I was in a pretty fresh server map this morning. I was the only one on and when I woke after sleeping, time was, and has been stuck at 6 am. This leads me to believe it has something to do with sleeping. 

This should be fixed now!

Thanks Ane!  We've been avoiding sleep because of this, we've been walking around like zombies due to sleep deprivation ;)